Thread: New .243 rifle.

New .243 rifle.

Right looking for some advice from the Blaser & Mauser rifle owners on here.

I have been giver the thumbs up from the better half to spend some of my hard earned on a new toy, she is to good to me.

Have been looking at a Blaser R8 or R93 & also the Mauser M03.

Thanks

John

John

Firstly and most importantly, ignore the nay-Sayers on this forum. If you've set your heart on one of the above get behind one of each and shoot them for yourself. It's a big investment but will probably be the last rifle you'll buy. It's a shame you're in Scotland otherwise I could have helped (I also have a 2nd hand R8 243 available). I've written a lot of reviews on them both on my blog section on my website.

Have fun choosing.

HME

Welcome to Corinium Rifle Range
    Come and visit us for a Blaser or Mauser fitting, get the right rifle for your needs.

Ha. That woman spoils you John!!!

HME the only nay sayers I have met regarding 243 blaser, was a shooter who had one and sold it, and the sales rep on the blaser stand at the shooting show who both said they were very ammo selective.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    HME the only nay sayers I have met regarding 243 blaser, was a shooter who had one and sold it, and the sales rep on the blaser stand at the shooting show who both said they were very ammo selective.
    Absolute poppycock! The most un fussy rifle you will ever get, sub .5 moa with most ammo, easily better .3 moa with homeloads. Sub 1" groups at 300y with every one i've owned. 22-250, .243, 25-06 x 2 and .308!

Quote Originally Posted by Offroad Gary View Post
    Absolute poppycock! The most un fussy rifle you will ever get, sub .5 moa with most ammo, easily better .3 moa with homeloads. Sub 1" groups at 300y with every one i've owned. 22-250, .243, 25-06 x 2 and .308!
    actually, my AI is also not fussy, but it weighs 12 stone.

Quote Originally Posted by HME View Post
    John Firstly and most importantly, ignore the nay-Sayers on this forum. If you've set your heart on one of the above get behind one of each and shoot them for yourself. It's a big investment but will probably be the last rifle you'll buy. It's a shame you're in Scotland otherwise I could have helped (I also have a 2nd hand R8 243 available). I've written a lot of reviews on them both on my blog section on my website.
    Have fun choosing.
    HME Welcome to Corinium Rifle Range
    Quote Originally Posted by Offroad Gary View Post
    Both dead right in my opinion. ATB
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

I don,t own a blaser, but if the salesman at a show tells me that the calibre we are looking at on his stand , which was the official blaser stand is ammo selective, then I am not likely to buy that model.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    I don,t own a blaser, but if the salesman at a show tells me that the calibre we are looking at on his stand , which was the official blaser stand is ammo selective, then I am not likely to buy that model.
    Hhmmm..... I'm in total agreement with Offroad Gary above... I shoot .243 in both a skinny barrel and an LRS2 Match barrel and I've never had a problem, albeit with home-loads. Same goes for the 22-250, 7mm RM and 300WM barrels.

BUT, I've a professional stalker/fox controller mate up on the West Coast who uses Blasers, originally in .22-250 and now a .243 in an off-road pro stock and he's always used Winchester/Federal factory ammo without a problem - if it didn't work or was inaccurate then it would have gone. He also runs an LRS2 in 300wm using Norma factory ammo.

Put it another way..... I come home with a 3/4's full 6 bottle wine box of brass every year. Won't ever need to buy more brass.

and they shoot off 'pods without any faffing about.

's me 5p's worth.

Cheers

Fizz