Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New UK Record Red Stag

New UK Record Red Stag

I saw in the Shooting Times that a new UK record red was measured recently and was on display in the BDS stand at the Game Fair. Does anyone have any details of this deer please?

I too was reading shooting times about a record head on display at the bds stand but, that was Muntjac.

I saw the head in question at the CLA, I asked the bloke on the BDS stand where it was shot as I knew it was shot Yorkshire, he said he couldnt disclose where exactly but it was South Yorkshire and it wasnt a park deer, was wild. When I first heard about it I thought it could have been from Studley Royal. The muntjac buck was also there, I must say it was a cracker, as was the roe!I have a photo I'll try and get it up, cheers Scott

that reminds me i must get them to give me back my trophy collection if i was ever lucky enough to have one of those walk out in front of me it would be the munty or maybe the fallow they must have cost some rich bugger a penny or two

I know exactly where it was shot

Record Red

Some where to the East of Doncaster perhaps?

ARMS01

That red head in your photo cannot be a record head surely? Even for a wild stag?

Some where to the East of Doncaster perhaps?
    and west of S****horpe?

Thats exactly what I thought cyberstag, it was a great looking head but like you say I can imagine there being better. I did hear the bloke talking to a yorkshireman who was mentioning the Doncaster area??

Thats exactly what I thought cyberstag, it was a great looking head but like you say I can imagine there being better. I did hear the bloke talking to a yorkshireman who was mentioning the Doncaster area??