Thread: A lesson in how to shoot.....from my teenage son.....

A lesson in how to shoot.....from my teenage son.....

.....last night I went out with a mate to try and nail a couple of rabbits with the air rifle, and my son Charlie decided to tag along.

There weren't many about at all, so the fact that I missed two in succession was probably even more conspicuous. The first was a decent distance away, so I didn't duff myself up too much about that one, but the second was such a sitter that I was starting to wonder if I'd knocked the scope or something.....

We retired for a brew and a kitkat - get us, living the high life - and as we set off, Charlie asked if he could shoot. No prob, says I, I'll lamp and my mate could drive the golf buggy whcih was our stealth wagon for the evening.

He then proceeded to bowl 3 rabbits over one after the other, every one a head shot, at ranges from 25 to 30-odd yards.

It could be some time before I hear the end of this.......
    Attachment 24853
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

well done its good to see the youngsters having a go

Well done to the young one.

Regards
    Craig
    “Persistence. Perfection. Patience. Power. Prioritize your passion. It keeps you sane.”
    ― Criss Jami

i now have to put up with the same scenario my son often comes rabbit lamping on the quad with me, it is starting to get embarrasing, his furthest shot to date is 65yards stone dead,i can't escape without him and i don't here the end of it if i don't let him shoot lol
    Give instruction to a wise man and he will be yet wiser

What rifle are you using?

Wait until he graduates to the big boys toys it'll cost you a fortune! I know from experience my lad was 9 when he started shooting fullbore on the range at Altcar, with my enfield on open sights he was dropping 9 ex 10 in the black at 600 yards! He's 22 now and beats me most of the time!

That's brilliant, my lads only 15 months but I'm can't wait to put up my own storey like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyxologos View Post
    What rifle are you using?
    That night we were using my Air Arms s410k in .177....a right handed rifle, and Charlie shoots left-handed. It just gets worse.....

(I've also got a a BSA Ultra in .22, and an FAC-rated Daystate Huntsman in .22.)
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

It was only a matter of time mate................

Nice going Charlie

ATB

Jon