Thread: new permission !

new permission !

yesterday i signed up a new permission .
    I have just got back from my first outing and i am thinking about what i have seen . 17 reds on 150acres all in groups of 3 and 4 deer they were bloody ever where !
    After walking around the boundary looking for likely places for high seats a muntjac doe popped out and paid the price. A good start !
    Roll on next week end so i can get started on those pricket stags ill keep you all posted on the developments .
    Cheers lee

Well done lee

Im still waiting for the elation and work involved that signing up a new piece of land will entail.

Good for you fella

Terry

you have 150acres and red deer do you actually have a colaberative management plan for the wider area that the Reds will also be resident on?

or are you just going to shoot anything you see on your bit?

stands buck

im in the very fortunate position that the area that completely surrounds this 150 acres it is managed by a reasonably large deer management company who contract me to cull for them so i just have the missing piece in the jigsaw so to speak !
    But the amount of damage that they are doing to crops is massive and the land owner is not happy .
    You ask if im going to shoot what i see ?
    To start with yes i am at the moment the real big boys are not present and when they do i will leave them alone but the spikers will get sorted . I have certainly seen 5 spikers of which 3 have to go to start with !

Cheers
    lee

just wondered in that part of the world there are no shortage of people willing to exploit the reds

i totaly agree with you ! I will not touch the big trophy stags i have no interest in them unless one of them is lame or injured .
    You are correct there are alot of deer killers as i call them willing to exploit the reds but i will assure you and anyone else that it will not happen on my patch .
    My job is to get the numbers and crop damage down to co acceptable level. Which is what the land owner wants !
    All the best
    lee

Quote Originally Posted by leec6.5
    My job is to get the numbers and crop damage down to co acceptable level.
    I like your point of view here,I hope the rest of the forum members take the same approach.