Thread: Sako A7 in .308

Sako A7 in .308

Been looking at a new A7 in 308 today to replace my 85 Varmint in 243 if I manage to move it on. Looks a reasonable tool & very light, would like to know if there's any members using one in same calibre, how does it perform, what mod your using and optimum bullet wieght ?.

I've always thought if you want a cheap sako buy a tikka ?

Quote Originally Posted by Acm View Post
    I've always thought if you want a cheap sako buy a tikka ?
    from what I've seen i can't see the advantage over the T3 two people at the club who own them reckon its overrated I've shot it probably 30 times and would most certainly not choose it over my T3's that's for sure.....

A7 seems to be the ******* love child of a Sako 85 and a a Tikka T3 designed by the Italians for the Americans.

I shall stick with my Sako 75's till time ends....or I end which willl probably be first.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

I have the sako 85 in 6.5 x 55. I too have had a look at 308 in the A7. Decided to stick to the 85. Better quality build and I quite like the safety lock as well. My thoughts are the A7 is a market pleaser it's not for me.

Phil

The A7 is good but not up to 75/85 standard

I was in the gun shop the other day and a Forestry Commission Wildlife Ranger was picking one up (not in .308) - he seemed happy enough with it.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    held one today.

its a tikka t3 full stop.

trying to shift old stock with a new face life that simply does not work.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

If you had a blaser you could just buy a new barrel in .308

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kev View Post
    Been looking at a new A7 in 308 today to replace my 85 Varmint in 243 if I manage to move it on. Looks a reasonable tool & very light, would like to know if there's any members using one in same calibre, how does it perform, what mod your using and optimum bullet wieght ?.
    Hi Big Kev,

Ive got an A7 in .308 and love it...

Its a nicely balanced rifle with a Jet Z on the end.

As accurate as any other rifle ive owned and id say good value for the money.

Its a nice rifle to carry all day and sits nicely in my shoulder.

My Pro Hunter in .308 loved 125g Sako Soft Points and im using the same on the A7 tho still playing with diferent rounds.

Atb

Terry
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...