DSC 2 ASSESSMENT CENTRES

User00004

Has anybody got any good or bad things to say about the various Assessment Centres locations throughout the UK prior to me registering?

I have obviously heard various things about Assessment Centres for the Level 1 just wondered if people had any good or bad things about L2 Centres.

Cheers

TJ

TJ,

PM a user on here called Alan, he can tell you where to definately not go. Why don't you just book in with the BDS or with BASC. I can witness you once you get back from your tour. Hopefully I will be able to get you out when you get back.

J

Barony College 01387 860251

You can register with Barony college near Dumfries who are great. I'd go with Barony because they can get you an ILA grant which they will help arrange for you worth £200. This pays for registration and then the remainder can be used towards level 2 training which can be provided if you wanted it.

If you earn less than 22k a year and live in scotland you can definately get the grant. Other people I know are doing that. Give them a call.

I cannot agree with roe steak on this!
I would rather cut of my testicles with a chainsaw than go there.

If I had to do my DMQ again and that was the only assessment centre I would have to give up deerstalking..
Nothing wrong with the college just CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS...
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
There are others on this site who have had experiences they would prefer to forget....

I don't want to say anymore it just makes me really really ****ed off!

regards
griff

Hey griff that cool cause you do probably know more than me about the college but I was only talking about people I shoot with that have done dsc1 and have registered for level 2 there. Two friends did dsc one and registered for 2 using the grant.

Sorry you're not with me on that one :eek: no need to explain.

I think that is the place I am thinking of Griff that has got a bad rep for some individuals. In fact I know of one guy that is putting in a complaint against one of the verifiers.

well thats interesting griff we used to run together for 6 years or so and I remember you taking your assessment at the barony. Well you must have had them cut off or can you actually name said person. I wonder who it might be. hmmm I also remember you coming back for your ATV couse only a few years ago cant be that bad!!

Hi Jingzy, two of my stalking friends did level one at Barony and registered right away for level 2 there. They seem well pleased with the people there who run things but I can understand that some people don't get on now and again.

I can put you in touch with my friends if you want there opinion as mine is second hand. pm if you want

jignzy

We are quite small and have two verifiers and I am one of them. So if you have something to say, say it I dont hide behind parapets. We have passed our external verification with DMQ recently and I am sure I would have heard about it. Also I was talking to our external verifier at the CLA. So if something is to be said lets have it out rumors and gossip cause nothing but harm.
As for griff there is no hidden secret for those that know me there is bad feeling between us, so I expect nothing less.
As with all orginisations nothing is perfect but we have enough satisfied clients which speaks for itself.

Teal

Griff I'm disappointed.

Normally I just read through the posts here but I have to say having read through this thread that I need to make a comment. I started helping out with DSC training at Barony last year and have spent time with all those involved in DMQ provision over the last year and a bit.

As far as I can see the team at the college are spot on and very friendly. DSC candidates are given lots of support and all at Barony are easy to get hold of and talk to.

Whatever personal issues you have with any members of the Barony team is your business but we see what you're trying to do. It's disappointing that someone who's posting has always seemed very knowledgeable and is of value would lower themselves to try and put people off doing their DMQ levels at Barony because of a personal grudge. Who are you helping griff?

Apologies gentlemen,

the college that I was thinking of was Elmwood.

I am sorry if I offended anyone :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

Hilarious :rolleyes: I wouldnt recommend a certain individual at Fordingbridge..

At this rate there wont be a college or training centre left that somebody hasnt fallen out with a member of staff..

Ps all first posters attacking long standing members of the forum should be banned..

Wheres my mate Malc :D

Terry

PS 1
Paul from the Barony has come on to have his say,and is quite entitled too.
I'm sure I would leap to a friends defence if I thought there was an injustice..

I have thought long and hard about the post, my "bad blood" goes back a long way and although its pains me to say it, the person in question is very professional in the DMQ courses that he teaches..
However that does not detract from the the fact that there is Bad Blood between us and unfortunately we cannot Seperate the "Barony" and "Teal".
Paul quite rightly says that it benefits no one, if this squabbling means that one up and coming stalker misses out on some valuable training, then I have done an injustice to the stalking fraternity..

I let my personal feelings get before my professionalism!

regards
griff

Well done Griff, It takes a bigger man to do that ;) .

I was watching this thread keenly as i am in the middle of registering. I thought it would be good to see who might be best to register with.

Soooo.... trying to get back onto the original topic, what assessment centres would you guys recommend ?.

Ads ;)

Ads

I'm still with jingzy on this. Why not register with BASC or BDS and work with a local Accredited/Credible Witness? They will send you the list when you register and I'm sure people on the site will be able to suggest good ones locally.

willie_gunn

auquhollie

my friends would definately say Barony college, just give someone at any assessment centre a call even if you decide BASC or BDS it doesn't matter so long as you get registered. The DMQ portfolio you fill in is the same from any centre.

Level 2 is about getting your portfolio of evidence filled in. As soon as you get it after registering you can make a start. The assessment centre doesn't matter that much because the people who do your witnessing fill it the portfolio sections with you not the assessment centre. You don't have to kill a beast to fill in sections of evidence.

The assessment centre only assesses and verifies that your portfolio once complete is fine and has met the requirements. It's the CW's and AW's you work with that are important. The assessment centres just process the evidence. Go with who's easiest for you but people can get the ILA grant with Barony college so registration is FREE. Hope that helps

Ahh ok i think that might be the way ahead. I might try the BASC route, that is who i done my lev 1 through.

Cheers for that.

Ads

roe steak said:
auquhollie

my friends would definately say Barony college, just give someone at any assessment centre a call even if you decide BASC or BDS it doesn't matter so long as you get registered. The DMQ portfolio you fill in is the same from any centre.

Level 2 is about getting your portfolio of evidence filled in. As soon as you get it after registering you can make a start. The assessment centre doesn't matter that much because the people who do your witnessing fill it the portfolio sections with you not the assessment centre. You don't have to kill a beast to fill in sections of evidence.

The assessment centre only assesses and verifies that your portfolio once complete is fine and has met the requirements. It's the CW's and AW's you work with that are important. The assessment centres just process the evidence. Go with who's easiest for you but people can get the ILA grant with Barony college so registration is FREE. Hope that helps

Thanks again for the info. I will try the BASC route and have them advice of local CW & AW to work with me. I would like to do all my three stalks with the same person so maybe best to do all three with an AW. Would also like to do all three in quick succsession. Maybe two one day and the third the next.

Thanks again Guys.

Ads

Back