Atec-Mod stuck baffle - help needed

30-06

Hi all,

I have a Atec maxim mod and one of the baffles refuses to open. I have sprayed wd40 and left it overnight and no luck with it. Tried Hammering it slightly to loosen it and still it's stuck. Could anyone to me if there is any other way to get this open.

thank you

Hi all,

I have a Atec maxim mod and one of the baffles refuses to open. I have sprayed wd40 and left it overnight and no luck with it. Tried Hammering it slightly to loosen it and still it's stuck. Could anyone to me if there is any other way to get this open.

thank you

Not knowing exactly how they are machined but I can only think of heat if you have tried wd40 and the like.....

How old is it mate?, Reason I ask is I bought one brand new a couple of months ago and my dealer said they now make them not to be taken apart. He said you used to be able to take the old ones apart but for some reason they stopped making them that way

Mine comes apart, they do get tight, try a boa constrictor or oil filter wrench.

There is a synthetic O ring inside, so heat application should be 'judicious'.

The only real problems we see with Atecs are from ones religiously taken apart for 'cleaning'. Unless something is really amiss, left alone works well.

If they are to be taken apart then strap type tools are useful - one of the best I've come across was a jar opener with a grippy rubber strap from Poundland.

Of release type agents, I've still to encounter anything as effective as Kroil.

I too have suffered this problem tried all sorts and found that wearing a pair of rubber gloves similar to what binmen wear gave me the grip to unscrew the baffles, worked for me and helps to protect your hands those baffles are a little on the sharp side!!!!!!!!!!!!

same problem with mine, tried wd40, soaking it in oil, boa constrictor, can only get 2 of the baffles to open. says on the website that if you want to be able to strip it down you should be taking it apart regularly and cleaning it,-didnt do that! anyone noticed the hole in the baffles corroding?

Same problem cant get mine apart.Stuck tight,didn't know if i fired to many shots to fast and it had fused together

Andy

I have found that when new ,loosening the baffles a tad when stored (off of the rifle!) keeps this from happening..AETEC state that these mods are self cleaning,apart from a squirt of WD40 to remove moisture and occasional baffle check,I leave alone,works for me. Diesel soaking is another option.

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions that you all have shared. I shall try the gloves or else get a jar opener.
Shall keep you informed as to what works.

Cheers

Give Jackson Rifles a call.They are the importers and have a workshop and experience of these things.
I had issues with an Atec cmm-4 and they resolved it.

I found using a bore solvent was the best way for me
it broke down the residue left inside the mod after firing a few shots that gets trapped and stops you from undoing the baffles
not always 100% every time but over the a few cleans it has always resulted in all baffles being taken apart

Back