Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you

Thank you

Big thanks to Roedenator.
    We met up at Pete's place, had a cuppa and introductions, then went out, dropped a few on the way to the patch I would be stalking.
    Started slowly walking up in the woods scanning around for deer, five then flushed out from near the high seat, as we got a little closer, a roe doe was spotted 140 yds away grazing, so we slowly made our way to, and up the high seat, got into position, and watched her, waiting for her to be so decent as to move herself into a better position, 20 mins or so later had her moved into a clearing, and standing broadside, I took aim, slipped the trigger, and she dropped right there to a 150gr from my .308, 93 yards, I reloaded and made ready for either a follow up shot or another possible flushed deer, we then went over to her and she was slumped right where shot, textbook shot placement, and textbook wound channel, we then hauled her off to gralloch.
    This was my first ever stalk and all went great, and I was the only one to bag a beast, so to say I'm happy, that's an understatement. And to then top off the night, back to Petes for a fab stew and a drink.

Cheers Pete, another time hopefully

Pete

Well done in getting your first deer. I've stalked with Pete a few times; he's got some good ground, and the offer of a free stalk is a typical example of his generosity. I meant to pm you beforehand though, just to warn you to try and keep him off the subject of Blasers

Pete has his moments sometimes. I'm amazed you only had the 1 between you knowing the ground there! Also amazed you saw Pete do a gralloch, I've stalked with him for 3 years and never seen him do one yet, he always has a truck to fetch or some other lame excuse, I thought he was squeamish...

Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker68 View Post
    Well done in getting your first deer. I've stalked with Pete a few times; he's got some good ground, and the offer of a free stalk is a typical example of his generosity. I meant to pm you beforehand though, just to warn you to try and keep him off the subject of Blasers
    Blasers. Yep, your warning came too late
    Unfortunatly, there was also a lot of shotgun activity going on around that had probably upset the deer, as for the gralloch moonraker, he definatly did it, and it was good to watch, I've done a few 'road kill' carcasses as meat for the dogs, but was good to see it done properly, and it was also pleasing to see I had done them 95% right
    if there was a downside to the whole thing, it was looking through some Swarovski bins, and handling some other top kit, I'm going to have less money to live on now I 'must have' some
    Again, many thanks to Pete

Pete

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    well done both

a cracking offer and with good results.

regards

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Never stalked with Pete, but seen him shoot, most impressive. One of the nicest most genuine and generous guys you are likely to come across. Good on you both, glad you got your first with such a nice guy.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Pete

Many congratulations on your first deer - it sounds like the whole stalk was in textbook fashion.

I've been lucky enough to stalk and shoot with Pete and he's one of life's real gentlemen. As if proof were needed, he uses a Blaser

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks for sharing a memorable moment, cracking pics.

A big thank you Pete, from me for yet another very enjoyable afternoon sorry I had to leave early & miss the BLASER debate/ get the 3006 ready for a night on the boar see you soon Steve