DSC1 with Stalking in England. Norfolk UK

AviatingJoe

Having recently completed my DSC 1 with Stalking in England I just want to put down a few words about the set up there in Bunwell, Norfolk, UK and the first class operation that they are running.
Having very basic knowledge of Deer and everything Stalking I approached the course with a certain apprehension. It’s an amount of money that you don’t invest lightly, and therefore, I chatted it over with Mark at Stalking in England over the phone. His manner is calming and reassured, his confidence is apparent when he says that he can take a novice and impart DSC Level knowledge onto them.
Mark has a vast range of experience and has lived in the field for decades. His knowledge seems endless, and it quickly becomes apparent that there aren’t many questions (stalking related) that he can’t answer.
The team at Stalking in England is an excellent mix of worldwide experience, knowledge and enthusiasm. They have a tireless work ethic and cant do enough for a client.
Marks instruction method was very well formatted, with a relaxing learning atmosphere. The new teaching facility come guns meeting room is a very nice environment to do the classroom-based evolutions of the course. The nature of this part of the course leads to it being PowerPoint led, but with plenty of elaboration, and Mark made time for all questions and queries that the course members had. He is happy to add the ”meat to the bones” so to speak, and this helps with the all round learning experience.
I feel that DSC courses could easily be a learning experience similar to a driving test, learning just enough to pass the certification and then going into the big wide world… not actually in a position to go out and tackle the largest Red Stag in the UK… but with a chit of paper saying you are proficient to put food into the food chain and stalk safely. Thankfully, Mark and Stalking in England allow the client to learn more than just the bare minimum, helpful in more than one way.
We managed to see a carcass inspection first hand as Stalking in England had international clients out stalking whilst we were on our course. A little bit of Muntjac doe fillet to take home went down well too!
Sue, Marks tireless wife, provided refreshments and excellent lunches every day of the course, which I thoroughly enjoyed, as did the other course members. It was commented on, on a number of occasions.
Assessment day came and feeling well prepared we headed out to do our shooting assessment and safety stalk in a well prepared area and not far from Stalking in England HQ. Mark put everyone at ease and also allowed use of one of his rifles for no extra cost. We carried out our written assessments in the afternoon of day 3 and I felt very confident and well prepared.
All that is left to do now is wait on my results, with a confidence that Mark and I did the best we could to make sure I was prepared for the assessments.

Thank you very much for that Joe. I am very touched by your kind words. Let's hope you all get what you hoped for out of the Course and that the April dates go as well. We have made a DVD of the carcuss handling today so that's somthing to add in.

Regards

Mark

Having recently completed my DSC 1 with Stalking in England I just want to put down a few words about the set up there in Bunwell, Norfolk, UK and the first class operation that they are running.
Having very basic knowledge of Deer and everything Stalking I approached the course with a certain apprehension. It’s an amount of money that you don’t invest lightly, and therefore, I chatted it over with Mark at Stalking in England over the phone. His manner is calming and reassured, his confidence is apparent when he says that he can take a novice and impart DSC Level knowledge onto them.
Mark has a vast range of experience and has lived in the field for decades. His knowledge seems endless, and it quickly becomes apparent that there aren’t many questions (stalking related) that he can’t answer.
The team at Stalking in England is an excellent mix of worldwide experience, knowledge and enthusiasm. They have a tireless work ethic and cant do enough for a client.
Marks instruction method was very well formatted, with a relaxing learning atmosphere. The new teaching facility come guns meeting room is a very nice environment to do the classroom-based evolutions of the course. The nature of this part of the course leads to it being PowerPoint led, but with plenty of elaboration, and Mark made time for all questions and queries that the course members had. He is happy to add the ”meat to the bones” so to speak, and this helps with the all round learning experience.
I feel that DSC courses could easily be a learning experience similar to a driving test, learning just enough to pass the certification and then going into the big wide world… not actually in a position to go out and tackle the largest Red Stag in the UK… but with a chit of paper saying you are proficient to put food into the food chain and stalk safely. Thankfully, Mark and Stalking in England allow the client to learn more than just the bare minimum, helpful in more than one way.
We managed to see a carcass inspection first hand as Stalking in England had international clients out stalking whilst we were on our course. A little bit of Muntjac doe fillet to take home went down well too!
Sue, Marks tireless wife, provided refreshments and excellent lunches every day of the course, which I thoroughly enjoyed, as did the other course members. It was commented on, on a number of occasions.
Assessment day came and feeling well prepared we headed out to do our shooting assessment and safety stalk in a well prepared area and not far from Stalking in England HQ. Mark put everyone at ease and also allowed use of one of his rifles for no extra cost. We carried out our written assessments in the afternoon of day 3 and I felt very confident and well prepared.
All that is left to do now is wait on my results, with a confidence that Mark and I did the best we could to make sure I was prepared for the assessments.
Did I go too the same place :rofl:

Back