A good morning on the new patch

I had a couple of good results Sunday morning.

I visited a patch of ground I have only had a few months its heaving with Fallow but very difficult to shoot safely as its 90 acres on top of a hill surrounded by woods which all fall away steeply.

We have been going to get some good high seats up but because of the wet weather have only managed to get one double and an old single up. I have a big freestander for the prime spot but need the big trailer to get it there and haven't been able to get across the fields to do it.

Any way I arrived at the ground and started my stalk keeping close to the wood edge and cutting the wind which was blowing from my left.

Max started to wind deer so I made it down the wood edge until I reached a shelter belt that seperated the next field. I crept up the shelter belt and spotted four Fallow feeding about 200 yards away but no chance of a safe shot off the bipod, knowing they would probably feed towards me I continued into the next field to see what was in there. I could see about 15 more Fallow feeding on the wood edge about 150yards totaly impossible to approach or get a safe shot.

I decided my best bet was the first group so I crept up the back side of the shelter belt to the single seat (which was facing the wrong way)
I climbed up it facing the back of the seat and somehow managed to get comfortable enough to get a shot. I chose a buck fawn which was the farthest away and it dropped to the shot. The other three ran towards me and I dropped another I was just squeezing on the third when they took off so a lucky little buckfawn.:tiphat:

DSC01785_zps34db7541.jpg

I dealt with the deer and loaded them up and then went off to visit another land owner who my farmer had put on to me as he was having a deer problem. :norty:

I got the and met them nice people with a beautiful house and garden which was being attacked by Roe or Muntjac they also owned the 120 acres around the house which has a big wood along one side and some of my existing ground the lower side, RESULT:thumb:

Wayne

:tiphat:Congratulations again!
Aha, I believe they just found the right right person to deal wit their deer problem... If you need any support when get stuckes into too much of this type of work: Just let me know!:norty:

And you didnt even need anyone to carry the rifle for you untill you took the shot !
What a result ;)

:tiphat:Congratulations again!
Aha, I believe they just found the right right person to deal wit their deer problem... If you need any support when get stuckes into too much of this type of work: Just let me know!:norty:

I'm sure you will do your very very best to help me out with my Roebuck cull in May its a hard life :D:rolleyes:

wayne can you pick my lottery numbers pls you jammy sod

joking aside well done mate

ATB

Dave

Back