Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: processing waste

processing waste

Hi all ,i would like some advice please by anyone out there that process there own venison ,what do you do with your waste etc the rest off the carcse spine ,bones ,skin ?
    I have seen a forestry commission death pitt with lockable lid but cant find any info on one and still wondered if they legal or stilll used,
    all the best
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    Hi all ,i would like some advice please by anyone out there that process there own venison ,what do you do with your waste etc the rest off the carcse spine ,bones ,skin ?
    I have seen a forestry commission death pitt with lockable lid but cant find any info on one and still wondered if they legal or stilll used,
    all the best
    Tom
    Fox bait

Pete

We use an approved handler, 22/wheelie bin if I remember right, the one over here is JJ Wilson, not sure whether they cover east Devon, let me know if you want their number.
    Last edited by Benc; 18-02-2013 at 14:59.

The dog gets the ribs to chew on the rest goes out for the fox or you could just put it in the bin.

Feet & skin in freezer used for dog training then bin. Rib cage spine etc fox bait.

My family have a rotting pit with a lockable lid as they were called on the farm. Not aloud to use it. All dead lambs ect have to be sent oFf and paper work filled in

The dogs have the heart, liver, kidneys, spleen and tripe. The small intestine, lungs and windpipe are left for the foxes and the bones, skin and waste from butchering are bagged and put in with the household waste. Simples.

Dog gets the spleen? never heard that one before. Heart and kidneys and maybe tripe but I thought the spleen was poisonous due to large quantities of toxins or is that just to humans

something I work on from time to time

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00477-20120213-1100.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	384.5 KB 
ID:	24957
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."