local Knowledge kidderminster and some help ?

ash243

hi all i have a acquaintance in Kidderminster a young lad early 20 he is a bricklayer by trade. i have only spoken to him over the phone and via email he has been ordering shooting equipment from us he has his DSC1 and a very small piece of land to shoot over where he helps out on a shoot doing a bit of Game Keeping ans looking after the poults etc.

firstly he wants to go to a local range in the area if there is on where he can shoot out more the 100 yards his local range has a cap on at 2500fps.

secondly this lad has still to shoot a deer and needs some help he has no restrictions on his cert and dose not need a mentor for his FAC. BJ is a willing lad that wants a leg up in the deer stalking world i have offered to take him to Scotland later in the season. he would love to go stalking with or with out a rifle.

He is a brick layer some people have taken advantage of his skills in the past for an offer of a stalk at the end of his part of the job the stalk has never materialized .

I have never met the lad face to face but he seams to be a decent enough lad on the phone etc but if someone can offer help to him then I'm sure you would meet him and make your own judgements i personally am not a fan of begging a place but this lad had the "P" taken so many times i feel he need a chance.

all the best ash

has he tried minsterley range? not to far from kidderminster,tell him to phone them and check what days you can go on.i have not been over for a good while.sorry cant help with any stalking.i was over that part of the world the other day,theres some nice ground over there.good luck

kiddi

As Tika 308 has said,Minsterley ranges could be worth looking up,they have ranges & I think they still have a stalking Syndicate at Much Wenlock,good luck ;)
Andy

Ash
okay
i am prepared to take the chance and offer this lad a chance to try and shoot his first deer with me aswell as develope his stalking skills and experience
but what are you willing to exchange as a good will gesture
i am after a holster for my .38, i know the design just neeed some one creditable to make it
i hav some of Emma's work so i know the quality is exceptional
just need to sort a deal out
you asked for help and i am locall enough to help him
get back to me and see what we can sort
ATB
Stone
as

Stone you have a PM Thank bud :D

me thinks one young lad in kidderminster is going to be Very Happy ;) ;) ;)

ash243 said:
me thinks one young lad in kidderminster is going to be Very Happy ;) ;) ;)

Just for you Ash ;)
one happy BJ
(His first deer ever, on his first ever stalk) jammy beggar :lol:
P1090375.jpg

P1090372.jpg

what a night he had
being a part of this (fallow and other roe shot by another site member)
P1090380.jpg

What a trully nice lad he is , i am really pleased to of met and helped him out :D :D
stone

Stonecopy.jpg

what can i say but thank i had a phone call at 23:00 tonight he is over the moon

first real stalk and what a result thanks mate

I have never seen anyone :) so much in all my days of taking people out for there first deer, well done stone i think both of us had a great night and he will remember that for ever. He also made a good job of dragging the fallow for me.
He will be able to put his trophy up soon as i have just finished cleaning it up for him. :) :)

Dunc's
BJ has just phoned me to nite to say thank you again
we hav made his year 8)
taking out such beginners to stalking always brings a buzz to me
the sweaty palms and the buck fever starting to kick in watching the barrel moving as it was rested on the stcks
just watching that buck for over ten mins ( seemed like an age) waiting for the right shot
reminds me of my of my first Roe buck and the advice i was given
i gave the same
it worked :eek:
hoping to meet up at Ragley later in the month
thanks for preparing his head for him mate
it will mean a lot to him to him that i know
Ash you are like a Demi-God as you made this happen :evil: :evil:
guys thank you for your kind comments
cheers
stone

A good weekend alround then Guys.
I know how he felt dragging on of Warks finest fallows,
Dunc, how come you shot it and he dragged it, I thought Stones rules were.......' you shoot it..... you drag it ' :lol:

Good on ya guys

Jonathon

stone dragged the roe for a little way then mad me drag it a long way in the sun thanks stone then we all helped me least with the fallow but i did CARRY my own fox that i shot all ten yards :lol:
But i did have the job of boiling the heads out good job she is at the gym tonight :) :)

Jon
i don't drag as a rule unless i shoot it
would not be fair :p
but the fallow was bigger than Dunc's
he needed help :evil:
P1090361.jpg

i had camera at ready ,
as per usual :evil: :evil:

[quote="stone"
Ash you are like a Demi-God as you made this happen :evil: :evil:
stone[/quote]

just a demi god whats wrong with supreme-being. ;)

looks like we are having a get together at Ragley then shall we say dinner time each day at the HC Leathers stand may be a beer or two when i get the stand number i will let you know.

ATB Ash

i did let them nearly run back on to the track before i shot one so not that far to drag and i think stone did a good job dragging as he only has one hand the other is a camera, and i normally send the the dog to pick them up stone as you know :lol:

Back