Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Optilock height?

Optilock height?

Help please. What height rings will i need, tikka t3 varmint with optilock bases for zeiss 3-12x50? Thinking med rings would do fine? Cheers

Low def ok even with a heavy barrel. I had a 50mm objective lens on a Sako varmint and its now on a Tikka again with low mounts and you can still fit a scope cap on it.

Looked all over the net, all different answers, want scope as low-ish as it will go, jamross good man think thats the answer im looking for, guy i spoke to on the phone suggested med rings....

Quote Originally Posted by steyr243 View Post
    Looked all over the net, all different answers, want scope as low-ish as it will go, jamross good man think thats the answer im looking for, guy i spoke to on the phone suggested med rings....
    I got a set of med rings given to me for a Sako heavy barrel and have had the 50mm objective in them. The 50mm objective obviously fits on them but it is unnecessarily high...

Low defo fit, but I preferred medium - purely because the height suited me better.

Tom
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.

Low will be fine and you will still have room to fit a set of butler creek caps if you wish.
    I used low optilock rings on my heavy barrel sako with a zeiss 56 objective scope,
    I had to shave a bit off the bottom of the butler creek cover though to clear the barrel.

Had the extra low on my sako with a 50mm S&B and it was just right,could still get the scope caps on easily,had about 3mm clearance over the barrel,would think mediums might be a bit high.

Yeah only reason I have mediums is I have a big head and possibly look down the scope a bit funny!
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.

My S&B 3-12x50 sits nicely on the low rings on my Sako 75.

Thanks for replies guys, its coming with lows so if it doesnt fit i shal crimp the bell of the scope abit so it does