Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regarding 'Gadget'.

Regarding 'Gadget'.

First of all apologies for taking up forum space with this, so if you don't know anyone involved, please ignore this post. I wanted to say the following publicly but have no intention of engaging in any form of debate about it on this or any other thread.

A few of you will know that over the last few years, SD member Gadget, aka Trevor, and I have done a lot of stalking and hunting together in the UK and across Scandinavia. Trevor has always been unstintingly generous with the stalking he has and was happy to include me in whatever harebrained scheme he'd dreamed up to try different hunting all over the place.

One or two of you will also know that we had a parting of the ways last August and have had very little contact since then, other than a four day hunt in Finland last autumn.

However, the early part of last year was a particularly difficult time for me, due largely to a persistent health problem and a deteriorating situation at work. This all came to a head last August whilst away stalking, driven by chronic fatigue, culminating in me falling asleep at the wheel of my car, with inevitable results (and to the shock of my passenger, another SD member). This tipped me into a sudden decision to return home, leaving Trev' in the lurch mid hunt. He was understandably pissed off with me and it reflects well on him that he was prepared to understand the mess I was in. There was no big bust up (although some of the exchanged emails were pretty frank) and we've remained in touch on and off.

If asked what happened by the few who expressed an interest since last August, I think I've broadly reflected what happened pretty honestly - no big row, no great drama, no grudges. If asked to elaborate, I am likely to have said truthfully that Trevor is a rude, abrasive, opinionated egomaniac who thinks he's the best shot and stalker in the world, thinks the word 'C##t' is essential in every sentence and has little time for anyone that doesn't share this view. However, I don't think that that's anything I haven't said to his face many time that he hasn't proudly agreed to and most people who know Trevor, including his immediate family, generally agree with this description! It just so happened that, feeling a bit battered last year, this all grated on me at the wrong time, hence the parting of the ways.

It now appears that various rumours are circulating about Trevor, the origin of some of which are being attributed to me. For the record, I have said nothing about him that goes beyond my comments above - that he's an annoying ruthless sod with opinions that the BNP would be embarrassed by but I have never had any reason to doubt his integrity and honesty, his generosity with his friends nor his undoubted ability as the most determined and luckiest stalker I know. There are plenty of other people out there who are not fans of Gadget - one or two of whom are very public and vocal - and they are entitled to their views, some of which may or may not be justified; just don't include me in your grudges. As I have said, our paths have hardly crossed in the last year and I have no involvement or view on Trevor's business or life, nor do I have any axe to grind where he is concerned. I'm busy being part of a new business and recovering my health, so have no time for anything else.

He was a good mate for a long time and I wish him well, although I hope he never becomes Prime Minister...

Thanks.

Reading between the lines there mate it looks like you didn't really like him but found him a handy contact for your deer stalking all the best with the recovery and not sure what you expect to achieve with this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    First of all apologies for taking up forum space with this, so if you don't know anyone involved, please ignore this post. I wanted to say the following publicly but have no intention of engaging in any form of debate about it on this or any other thread.

A few of you will know that over the last few years, SD member Gadget, aka Trevor, and I have done a lot of stalking and hunting together in the UK and across Scandinavia. Trevor has always been unstintingly generous with the stalking he has and was happy to include me in whatever harebrained scheme he'd dreamed up to try different hunting all over the place.

One or two of you will also know that we had a parting of the ways last August and have had very little contact since then, other than a four day hunt in Finland last autumn.

However, the early part of last year was a particularly difficult time for me, due largely to a persistent health problem and a deteriorating situation at work. This all came to a head last August whilst away stalking, driven by chronic fatigue, culminating in me falling asleep at the wheel of my car, with inevitable results (and to the shock of my passenger, another SD member). This tipped me into a sudden decision to return home, leaving Trev' in the lurch mid hunt. He was understandably pissed off with me and it reflects well on him that he was prepared to understand the mess I was in. There was no big bust up (although some of the exchanged emails were pretty frank) and we've remained in touch on and off.

If asked what happened by the few who expressed an interest since last August, I think I've broadly reflected what happened pretty honestly - no big row, no great drama, no grudges. If asked to elaborate, I am likely to have said truthfully that Trevor is a rude, abrasive, opinionated egomaniac who thinks he's the best shot and stalker in the world, thinks the word 'C##t' is essential in every sentence and has little time for anyone that doesn't share this view. However, I don't think that that's anything I haven't said to his face many time that he hasn't proudly agreed to and most people who know Trevor, including his immediate family, generally agree with this description! It just so happened that, feeling a bit battered last year, this all grated on me at the wrong time, hence the parting of the ways.

It now appears that various rumours are circulating about Trevor, the origin of some of which are being attributed to me. For the record, I have said nothing about him that goes beyond my comments above - that he's an annoying ruthless sod with opinions that the BNP would be embarrassed by but I have never had any reason to doubt his integrity and honesty, his generosity with his friends nor his undoubted ability as the most determined and luckiest stalker I know. There are plenty of other people out there who are not fans of Gadget - one or two of whom are very public and vocal - and they are entitled to their views, some of which may or may not be justified; just don't include me in your grudges. As I have said, our paths have hardly crossed in the last year and I have no involvement or view on Trevor's business or life, nor do I have any axe to grind where he is concerned. I'm busy being part of a new business and recovering my health, so have no time for anything else.

He was a good mate for a long time and I wish him well, although I hope he never becomes Prime Minister...

Thanks.
    ??

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post

Thanks.
    Wow Adam you've got me reaching for the man size scotties , he's form Manchester he's got thicker skin than a rhino ,,,,Prime Minister ,Adam calm down .

Be good big chap always a weekends shooting up here for you when every you wish .

Whatever has happened I hope your health is on the up bud,keep fit.

Martin

Thanks for clearing that Adam I know where your coming from and like I've said before, when there talking about use there leaving all the other poor sods be.. and that's a great Description by the way

gadget

I wish you both well in what you do.
    Life is shorter than you think it is.
    Be good, stay safe.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Reading between the lines there mate it looks like you didn't really like him but found him a handy contact for your deer stalking all the best with the recovery and not sure what you expect to achieve with this post.

sounds like you davey boy

Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    Wow Adam you've got me reaching for the man size scotties , he's form Manchester he's got thicker skin than a rhino ,,,,Prime Minister ,Adam calm down .

Be good big chap always a weekends shooting up here for you when every you wish .
    Bob, you are a gentleman. I miss that syndicate up there but don't much miss the 10 hour drive!

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    6pointer - given that you've never met me, I'm not sure why you feel the need to express an opinion on something you know precisely sod all about. Reading between the lines, you appear to be some dodgy gamedealer who shoots deer round the back of council estates - the periurban deer business can't be doing well given the time you have on your hands to talk ******** and pick fights on Internet forums. Please feel free to apply Gadget's favorite word to yourself as many times as you like - as that's now my opinion of you, despite having never met you either.