Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue plastic Tubs/Drums

Blue plastic Tubs/Drums

I would like to obtain a couple of the blue plastic barrels as used for pheasant feeders.
    They need to have lids and more importantly be reasonably close to me and cheap.
    I am not after the really big ones but may have to settle for them if none of the others are available.
    The ones I am after are about 2ft tall and 18" across.
    There are some on evil bay and at a very good price too, but are collection only and to collect them from some of the places they are, would cost me more than the barrels themselves.
    I want one to keep bulk dog food in and another, if available, to keep wild bird seed in so they must have no holes in them. I might also add, that the colour is not that important but it usually the blue ones that are available.
    Thanks for looking.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    I would like to obtain a couple of the blue plastic barrels as used for pheasant feeders.
    They need to have lids and more importantly be reasonably close to me and cheap.
    I am not after the really big ones but may have to settle for them if none of the others are available.
    The ones I am after are about 2ft tall and 18" across.
    There are some on evil bay and at a very good price too, but are collection only and to collect them from some of the places they are, would cost me more than the barrels themselves.
    I want one to keep bulk dog food in and another, if available, to keep wild bird seed in so they must have no holes in them. I might also add, that the colour is not that important but it usually the blue ones that are available.
    Thanks for looking.

eddy i can't promis anything but im doing the rounds on the estate tomorrow and will have a word with the under keeper, you never know,

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

That would be much appreciated, if only one, it would do the main job.
    Did you get the fridge moved ? I have a small trailer that might do the job !

Chemical companies give them away for free as they rarely re-use them.
    Last edited by RED-DOT; 20-02-2013 at 00:25.

Hi Eddy
    I think i can get you a couple i will try my mate tomorrow his mrs works for a food company
    Geordie

Quote Originally Posted by geordieh View Post
    Hi EddyI think i can get you a couple i will try my mate tomorrow his mrs works for a food companyGeordie
    Thanks Geordie, much appreciated. Not a lot of industry in my area so short of places to ask.
    I suppose they might have had a few with diesel in for the machinery when they built Stonehenge but that's nearly finished now, just a bit of titty vating by hand left now and the job will be finished .

Try some of your local indian restaurants. Ask them for chutney barrels. They are a good size and they usually have to pay to have them removed and are glad to let them go.

David.

ebay

Hi there if you can't get any for free try ebay theres lots on there
    Atb
    Simon

QUOTE=Kalahari;529637]Try some of your local indian restaurants. Ask them for chutney barrels. They are a good size and they usually have to pay to have them removed and are glad to let them go.

David.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari View Post
    Try some of your local indian restaurants. Ask them for chutney barrels. They are a good size and they usually have to pay to have them removed and are glad to let them go.David.
    Thanks David,
    Somebody mentioned that on another site I posted on but we don't have any Indian Take Aways near here either but am still looking just in case.
    Both Bobjs and Geordieh are not too far from me so am hoping they can help out.

Simon,
    That was the first place I tried.
    They have just what I want but are either cheap with expensive carriage or cheap and miles from me, so either way not very practical unfortunatelyl.
    Last edited by EMcC; 20-02-2013 at 09:57.

Doesn't have to be a takeaway. Probably one in Bath, which might not be too bad for you.

David.