Thread: Valuation advice - Remington

Valuation advice - Remington

Hi Guys,

Just looking for some pricing advice - i am thinking about selling my remington varmint laminate in 243 along with t8 mod and millet rings. The barrel has been proffesionally cut down to 22''. No scope although i could include a burris fullfield 4.5-14 if person is after scope.

The gun is mint condition other than the bush marks on barrel from the t8.

Just wondering how much to advertise for and how much to expect on a trade in?

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers Rob

I was recently (came off gun trader 5 days ago) trying to sell mine which was very similar but had a boyds laminate thumbhole stock and a Bushnell elite 3-16x50 scope (.243, t8 heavy barrel etc) and i had to lower the price to £550 to get any interest (could have sold it several times over for that but no takers in over a month at £650 and then £600). I decided that it was not worth selling at that price and am using it as a donor rifle for a semi custom. Its not a good time to sell at the moment so unless you don't mind selling it for that i'd keep hold of it, personally in a better market id say for the outfit with the scope it be worth about £600 but youd have to be patient for a sale (presuming its a normal laminate stock).

ATB Will

sorry feller be lucky to £400 £450 with scope be better to have deal with a tradein but thay still gonner bid you on it

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboab29 View Post
    Hi Guys,

Just looking for some pricing advice - i am thinking about selling my remington varmint laminate in 243 along with t8 mod and millet rings. The barrel has been proffesionally cut down to 22''. No scope although i could include a burris fullfield 4.5-14 if person is after scope.

The gun is mint condition other than the bush marks on barrel from the t8.

Just wondering how much to advertise for and how much to expect on a trade in?

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers Rob

Thanks for the replys guys

i got offered 500 on a trade for a new sako a7 with the mod and mounts but no scope. I'm guessing i should probably take his arm off then??

yes feller best deal to have given you have a rem and he's offer is a sako and put your scope on it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboab29 View Post
    Thanks for the replys guys

i got offered 500 on a trade for a new sako a7 with the mod and mounts but no scope. I'm guessing i should probably take his arm off then??

I'd say so unless you fancy a semi custom and have it re barrelled and stocked? But thats a decent offer as a part ex

split it all up
    you will always get more money selling individual components

mainly as your market is trebled
    not everyone in the market for the rifle wants the mod, or the rings, or the scope

buying rifles as a package such as yours and selling the mod, the scope and the rings has ultimately left me with three rifles I have got for free.

Established Poster
    Definitely worth splitting up. The base rifle should get £500-600 or so and the mod £100+.

Around £500 would be fair as a trade in.