Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harkila sack capacity

Harkila sack capacity

What's the most anyone has been able to fit in the harkila roe sack? I managed a large fallow pricket but it was a job to get it on my back!

Two roe does, half a badger and a bag of weasels! Then I ran 7 miles with it uphill. Wasn't even out of breath!
    MS

This is a picture of mine with 2 roe does in it:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0012.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	922.7 KB 
ID:	25022Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0008.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	940.2 KB 
ID:	25023

Had another couple in it last week, an hour and a half walk back to the car with them on my back nearly killed me though!

Roe doe and twin followers. Brilliant sack although they are too hot to use in summers a the back is so padded. Got a sika sack on order from poppins for the summer bucks as the other one gave up at the end of last buck season.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Two roe does, half a badger and a bag of weasels! Then I ran 7 miles with it uphill. Wasn't even out of breath!
    MS
    Only 2 looked like you had atleast 4 when you ran past me but you did seem a little out of breath or was that the weasels wheezing.
    Too Old Soon Too Late Smart

Had a big roe doe and her young one a couple of weeks ago. I find the capacity is slightly increased if the black liner is scrapped and plastic bags are used instead.

I don't actually rate them. First time I used it I had a 80+lb fallow in it and one of the shoulder straps ripped out. You can get two largeish ungralloched roe in it at a push. the padded back piece then came steadily unstitched and has now fallen off completely. I've seen several with the same fault where the shoulder strap ripsout at the lower end.
    Oh, and two of the plastic clips have broken.
    Not good for the price.
    MS

I had three decent sized Muntjac in mine, made me cough carrying them back to my motor. Like MS says the quality of the construction isn't brilliant and I also had straps come unstitched on mine.

I wouldn't buy another

I don't actually rate them. First time I used it I had a 80+lb fallow in it and one of the shoulder straps ripped out. You can get two largeish ungralloched roe in it at a push. the padded back piece then came steadily unstitched and has now fallen off completely. I've seen several with the same fault where the shoulder strap ripsout at the lower end.
    Not good for the price.
    MS
    I remember that day! You looked a little hot!

Not good for the price.
    MS
    I had one for xmas a couple of years ago and the same thing happened with the stitching falling out. I sent it back to Harkila and they sent me back a brand new one which seems to be a slightly different version. I haven't used the new one much yet so not sure if the problem will return or not.
    I have never had more than a 40lb Roe buck in the bag at any one time so can't comment on maximum capacity