Thread: MTP CLothing

MTP CLothing

Just throwing this one out there but i seem to have a cupboard full of MTP clothing and also some desert clothing. Not sure if it is worth trying to sell it on here???? I know i wear my own issued kit when im out stalking/Shooting. Opinions please.

SD Regular
    Adam,

As and when you meet the time and no. of posts requirements, I'm sure anything you have to sell will be received openly and will go. (Especially if you've some of the Goretex....!!) Some members like it, some not - but don't let that put you off.

E t R
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Muirhead View Post
    Just throwing this one out there but i seem to have a cupboard full of MTP clothing and also some desert clothing. Not sure if it is worth trying to sell it on here???? I know i wear my own issued kit when im out stalking/Shooting. Opinions please.
    It's all I wear, and am sure that others will catch on soon enough. Get an ad up and see what happens... Just bought a smock off Solo Int which is stonking!

Cheers
    i.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by iainfarthing View Post
    It's all I wear, and am sure that others will catch on soon enough. Get an ad up and see what happens... Just bought a smock off Solo Int which is stonking!

Cheers
    i.

Solo are good. Their lines are based on real experience - and worn in the field by some of those on active service.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    Solo are good. Their lines are based on real experience - and worn in the field by some of those on active service.
    It's good kit. Arrived this morning, and looking forward to being a bit warmer when out on Tue & Thu next week! Issued MTP was chuffing cold last week, even with layers... You're local given your locations

Cheers
    i.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

What am I missing? Mtp? Is that like Dpm? I am so not with it!
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

MTP is "multi terrain pattern" camouflage.

It's the newer update of the DPM type materials, part of the PECOC (personal equipment and common operational clothing) programme. It's designed to work across a range of terrains.

For the OP. If you struggle to sell it here, a lot of the airsoft forums have for sale pages where it will be snapped up!

I am also a fan of dpm and have just got recently got an mtp smock which I like, the stuff is very effective tough as nails and cheap can't beat it.

I like MTP and think that for general stalking it might just have the edge on DPM in a wide range of environments. Of course DPM will win against a darker background, but in the cammo tests I did (I think I've broken them by rearranging my photos in photobucket so you can't see them any more) MTP was generally good enough to convince me to use it most of the time now. The old German Flecktarn also worked well but again it is quite dark. Tonight I was stalking along on mixed grass and purple moor grass that had died and dried out to a beige colour and I think the MTP was pretty close to ideal. In the cammo tests I did the "real tree" type print didn't work at all well as it was designed for one specific environment and so wasn't general enough. Given this, and that I am 100% certain that sika will see you at 300 yards even if you sit still, I think the very general cammo of the mil surplus stuff is effective in most stalking circumstances and worth wearing. That is doubly true if you are only paying a few quid for the jacket.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/