Clean roe buck

Dorset

Saw my first clean roe buck this morning, anyone else seen any yet? Without looking back in the book I think it's the earliest I've known one on any of my ground.

Mine are all well in velvet as far as i've seen so far apart from this one which was definitely clean and had some colour to him as well-got a good look at him.

I saw a beauty on Monday, heavy body and six points but in velvet, later the same day I saw a skinny one, it came directly towards me, a four pointer as clean as a whistle.

I know that older bucks are known to clean their antlers first but I always wondered whether a Buck's location also plays a part. Do Bucks in the south of England start cleaning their antlers before those in the north of the country or perhaps the other way around.

Nothing anywhere near clean on any of my places yet but some very serious bucks showing a lot of promise
Regards Andy

There are some very good bucks about this year. Good to hear of a few other clean bucks as well thanks for the replies.

All my bucks are still in full velvet and growing.

This was taken yesterday.

P1010341_zpse40326ac.jpg

Cheers

when i read this thread last night i could not believe people were seen clean bucks so early. then while out at the does this morning i saw a yearling buck freshly clean, but bigger mature bucks no whare near cleaning. very strange!

Back