Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: this site

this site

Hi
    can anyone tell me y most of the time when i click on a topic / page the page takes quite a time to load then it ether comes up with error on page try internet explorer.or it just opens the page but after some time.
    i have all so found this to happen when I'm trying to send PMS.

Have i got to alter some settings on my computer? or is it an ongoing site problem.
    i do not have any problems on any other site i visit.

THANKS
    Cam

server

Cam

I think its the old wind up server rather than your PC, as I always get the same problems irrespective of which PC I access the SD from.

Regs Lee

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Cam

Are you talking about the "500 Server Error" type message? If so, it's not your PC. Mine suffers the same problem, even though I connected 2 mice to see if it made my PC run twice as fast

One thing to be aware of is that if this error comes up when you are trying to post a reply, or send a PM, then just be careful. I clicked on 'Refresh' a few times before I realised that the reply had been posted/message sent originally. I ended up with lots of double posts, which was annoying, as most of what I write isn't interesting enough to read once, let alone twice

willie_gunn

I get the same, its all server related. Not your pc's

this site

I have found this site to be a little on the clunky side, no offence intended, but the issue mentioned here was cured for me by really giving it a hard double click, instead of the usual single mouse click for most other sites. Steve.

ive just tried the double click thing and it loads the pages much quicker

mike

Hillbilly
    It's the site. Lets face it chaps, this is a shooters site not a geek site. We should be thankful we even have a site with such fancy options. We kill stuff and eat it, generally with alcohol, end of! My missus chooses the wallpaper and carpets - by God she knows her place!

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly
    It's the site. Lets face it chaps, this is a shooters site not a geek site. We should be thankful we even have a site with such fancy options. We kill stuff and eat it, generally with alcohol, end of! My missus chooses the wallpaper and carpets - by God she knows her place!
    Are you telling us you have a wife that`s trained? How did you manage that?
    basil.

I can't see what the problem is. The site has always worked perfectly for me.

I can't see what the problem is. The site has always worked perfectly for me.