Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Raasay Stalking

Raasay Stalking

Hi

Guy's

Does anybody know what Ayrshire Stalking company has won the sporting rights to the Stalking on Raasay ?? I am sure they will get a warm reception off the locals!!!!

Sounds like Chris dalton's company.

According to the Scottish Minister responsible for the let, he told BBC Scotland on the news this evening that the lease went on the open market. Well I didn't see it advertised in the Scottish or sporting press. Do I smell a bit of xyzysza.?

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_guitar View Post
    Sounds like Chris dalton's company.

The crofters need to live in the real world, just because you live somewhere does not entitle you to preferential treatment, down south if you want to run a buissness you pay the going rate, especially with tax payers money.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    The crofters need to live in the real world, just because you live somewhere does not entitle you to preferential treatment, down south if you want to run a buissness you pay the going rate, especially with tax payers money.

You haven't met the crofting community then !!!!

it is very ill thought and a complete school boy error from those involved. It will be very difficult for anyone going in. I wouldn't want to falsely blame anyone, but I suspect that there may be just as many shot without the lease!

this was advertised ,i think is was in the shooting times or the sporting rifle a couple of months ago,just show you that money talks minister on the tv said that the company involved put a substantially higher bid than any one else

Quote Originally Posted by roering View Post
    this was advertised ,i think is was in the shooting times or the sporting rifle a couple of months ago,just show you that money talks minister on the tv said that the company involved put a substantially higher bid than any one else
    I read about this in the West Highland Free Press this am. Can't remember the numbers, but there wasn't much in it. For those who can be bothered, you will get the real numbers through an FOI request.

it was obviously handled by some faceless beuraucrat in Hollyrood who has no understanding of the island or the factors involved.

for the sake of the cost of an average MSPs lunch, they will isolate a remote island community . Chances are that the mainland company will struggle to make money on the island especially if they don't have the community on board.

not the actions you would expect from a SNP government but shows what little they know of rural comunities

Quote Originally Posted by donsider View Post
    According to the Scottish Minister responsible for the let, he told BBC Scotland on the news this evening that the lease went on the open market. Well I didn't see it advertised in the Scottish or sporting press. Do I smell a bit of xyzysza.?
    It was advertised, I saw it in the Field Magazine.

Simon

having lived and worked up there i know they are in for fun and chuckles from the locals as well as lots of help with flat tyres and such like
    a barony original