Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shortage of Reloading Consumables

Shortage of Reloading Consumables

Has the panic buying and frenzy in the USA finally reached us!

Whilst browsing a certain well known reloading suppliers website, it appears that they are running out of stock at an alarming rate. I rang them and was told they do not know when they will get new deliveries!

I wonder what impact this will have on shooting in the uk?

Fran

Cliffsgunsmithing in USA he seems to have a good supply of bullets and brass.
    Tusker

Struggling to get CCI BR2 Primers. Hannams have none and neither does Norman Clarke.
    I have no idea if the UK is seeing panic buying but i suspect our problem will be a lack of new Stock coming from the States and whatever our Importers and Retailers have will have to last as i presume the American Manufacturers will satisfy their Home Market first.
    I am a Stalker and not a Target Shooter so i do not use the Ammunition those Lads do but i do like to Practice whenever i can.

Yorkie.
    Last edited by Yorkie; 23-02-2013 at 02:22.

I hate to say I told you so, but I warned the membership about this last fall.
    I was in the City this afternoon picking up a scope and noticed that there were NO .224 bullets and no .30 caliber bullets. No handgun ammunition whatsoever. These findings in the three largest shops in the city. At our Trading Post we have all the primers but for how long, no one can say.~Muir

What know rifle on the shelf saying. Dont leave me here with this nasty man Muir please take me home. lol
    If its hit its history / If its missed its a mystery

A gun is always loaded .A mule always kicks

Quote Originally Posted by tusker View Post
    Cliffsgunsmithing in USA he seems to have a good supply of bullets and brass.
    Tusker
    Not any more he hasn't.
    Last edited by jon2; 23-02-2013 at 09:46.

Quote Originally Posted by jon2 View Post
    Not any more he hasn't.
    He's just sent off some Partitions in 130 gn .270, along with some Speer 350 grain 458's to me, but He couldn't help with Fireball brass though, ( He hasn't seen any for 18 months) good job I went & collected a hundred rounds of factory Fireball from McAvoy's, (A hell of an expensive way to source brass though!!)
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by pendle View Post
    What know rifle on the shelf saying. Dont leave me here with this nasty man Muir please take me home. lol
    Too many!! But I've held almost two whole months to my resolution of not buying a rifle this year. In the City they were having a sale on Tikka T3 lites: 22-250 up through 300 WSM for $500 each. They had four 308's in the rack....(sigh)~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    He's just sent off some Partitions in 130 gn .270, along with some Speer 350 grain 458's to me, but He couldn't help with Fireball brass though, ( He hasn't seen any for 18 months) good job I went & collected a hundred rounds of factory Fireball from McAvoy's, (A hell of an expensive way to source brass though!!)
    Buy a set of forming dies and make your brass. Initial cost hurts, but cheap brass will flow from your press thereafter.~Muir

Making brass, a step too far for me Muir