Stalking Boots.

Blackrider

Recommendations please for a pair of quality waterproof hill stalking boots.
Harkila, Meindel ?

Thanks,

Brider.

Jack Pike "tundra" bought a pair last year for stags in Scotland 3 days of solid rain totaly waterproof and 3rd of the cost of Harkila etc. Save on kit spend on stalking.
Tusker

Meidl Dovre Extreme. They are one of those purchases that I have never questioned myself if they were worth the £230 price tag.

If I lost mine tomorrow I would be straight down Tredders to get a new pair. You could not go wrong IMO.

Cheers

Altbergs for me and I've tried le Cham ,la crosse and Meindl and re sole able should you wear them out .
norma

Another reason I would recommend Meindl Dovre Extreme is the height of them. They give amazing support on rough ground and unless you are wading through streams you don't need to wear gaiters.

Cheers

Meindl, for me every time.
Normally a pair of Antarcticas for shooting/stalking, I always get cold feet.

Plus a pair of the meindl chain saw boots for work.

I've got Meindl Dovre Extreme and some Harkilla's, the latter are lower cut.
For out and out hill work I'd go with the Meindl. Still think wearing gaiters is a good idea.

Meindl Dovre Extreme, on my second pair and i will have no hesitation to buy my third when these wear out

Last edited:
Which model do you recomend??

Ian

I've got the veldthog boots and they are awesome nothing comes close IMO, I've also got some blackislander boots which are quite good I've had Meindel in the past and while there ok they are not as good as the altberg for £195 they are awesome plus should you have any issues they will sort them out or swap them no questions asked you do not get that with the others that's another reason why they are the better choice IMO.....

Last edited:
Back