Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Husqvarna a popular gun in the UK?

Is Husqvarna a popular gun in the UK?

I live in sweden and here its a lot of them. Are they popular in the UK?
    Posting a picture of two of my Husqvarna
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	245_zps1b7137b4.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	326.2 KB 
ID:	25077

Unfortunately not Emil. They are a good rifle and there may be one or two knocking around in the U.K. but the make isn't very popular over here. Now I may be wrong but I think most Husqvarna rifles were made on the same mauser actions that Parker Hale used at one time, I will have to go and look it up in my copy of "Bolt Action Rifles" by Frank de Haas. I seem to recall the same Santa Barbara action being used by several makers and marked up differently.

Didn't Husqvarna also make break action combination gun at one time that were later made by Tikka then Valmet and now Marocchi in Italy?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Basically, no. I don't know anyone who has one but I think there may be some of the old models kicking about.

SD Regular
    Not many here in the UK. This is because there was never an importer of the make who pushed them strongly. They are are good rifle but like many well made rifles if there is nobody here who can see a profit in importing them they remain unknown to the British shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Emil N View Post
    I live in sweden and here its a lot of them. Are they popular in the UK?
    Posting a picture of two of my Husqvarna
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	245_zps1b7137b4.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	326.2 KB 
ID:	25077
    no feller but the in 1987 my Husqvarna XC500 was

They are very popular here, I have 2, one in 9.3x57 and another in 6.5x55. They're not fancy but they are reliable and accurate, and for some reason just seem to fit me. One of my favorites.

AB

My local gun shop, Torsbohandels .has a rack full of them. My mate bought a nice Husky 30-06 with scope for 1000sk about 95 from his neighbor .

Sadly no they are not. I did fall over a rather nice 35 vintage model 46 in 9.3x57 soem years back.. Due to ammunition problems .............................. none available it was a year before I finally got to shoot it and then could not find a load to shoot to the iron sights so reluctantly had it drilled and tapped for scope mounts.

The model 46 of course is built on the Swedish 96 action. The others used FN actions. The Husqvana later model was sold to Zoli where is became the Zoli 1900 rifle I believe. I have never heard of Husqvarna using Spanish actions.

I had two Husky Military 6.5x55's and still have one . They both shot admirably with military sights at 50 yards for me .

Had a Husky in 9.3x57 in my hands for awhile or rather shall I say a barreled action . Didn't wanna pay what it woulda cost to get it stocked so I let it pass . Kinda wish I had gotten it , seems to me the 9.3x57 would make a fair to middlin brush round here !

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Sadly no they are not. I did fall over a rather nice 35 vintage model 46 in 9.3x57 soem years back.. Due to ammunition problems .............................. none available it was a year before I finally got to shoot it and then could not find a load to shoot to the iron sights so reluctantly had it drilled and tapped for scope mounts.

The model 46 of course is built on the Swedish 96 action. The others used FN actions. The Husqvana later model was sold to Zoli where is became the Zoli 1900 rifle I believe. I have never heard of Husqvarna using Spanish actions.

You are right Brithunter I've just dug out my copy of "Bolt Action Rifles" and found that it was indeed FN that they bought the actions in from at one time and not Santa Barbara. I did say that I wasn't sure in my original posting, don't trust purely your memory.They then went on to produce their own actions which they exported including under the Smith & Wesson name in the U.S.
    Last edited by 8x57; 28-02-2013 at 11:15.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.