Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: search for a gortexy 'cammo' jacket

search for a gortexy 'cammo' jacket

Hi, I was hoping that someone could help me out. I recently saw a couple of very cool jackets in a cammo pattern that was sort of made up of loads of little squares ? Does anyone know what this type of pattern is called ? I thought it was good because you could get away with wearing it in public (on your way home from a stalk etc) without looking like a total sad case.
    The jackets were a sort of Gortex shell job and had big collars and hoods on them, they were just what I was after. Does anyone know who makes gear like that ?
    Your help would be great fully received.

Kindest regards, Olaf

latest issue MTP, try Army surplus shops.

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    latest issue MTP, try Army surplus shops.
    Great ! what's MTP by the way ?

Sounds like Beretta Optifade -
    http://www.swillingtonshootingsuppli...fade-Jacket-L/

I wear Solo International's ATP (All Terrain Pattern) based on current UK issue MTP (Multi Terrain Pattern) but warm, wind/waterproof and less than half the price -
    http://soloint.co.uk/Clothing/ATP/Ja...ER-SMOCKS.html

Cheers
    i.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means youíve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Ian, thanks man. Its not quite the same though. This pattern was lots of little squares in green and brown and reds etc. I like your links though. Cheers

Its certainly not MTP that they were wearing if it has little squares or digital blocks on it. The guys that wear digital blocks are the USA and some European forces. Certainly not UK. The UK MTP is very similar in pattern to the old Green Woodland DPM of the Soldier '95 clothing system. But the colour's are now modernised to reflect advances in technology and theaters of operation. Its a sandy yellow, light green and brown pattern.
    The only little squares that British wear are the rip stop garments but these little squares aren't noticeable enough to be the key identifying feature.

Hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf View Post
    Ian, thanks man. Its not quite the same though. This pattern was lots of little squares in green and brown and reds etc. I like your links though. Cheers
    Best bet is to jump onto eBay and search under camo jacket - all manner of US and mainland Europe patterns on there

Cheers
    i.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means youíve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Quote Originally Posted by eggy s View Post
    You'd need a 2nd mortgage for that lot!!!

Cheers
    i.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatingJoe View Post
    Its certainly not MTP that they were wearing if it has little squares or digital blocks on it. The guys that wear digital blocks are the USA and some European forces. Certainly not UK. The UK MTP is very similar in pattern to the old Green Woodland DPM of the Soldier '95 clothing system. But the colour's are now modernised to reflect advances in technology and theaters of operation. Its a sandy yellow, light green and brown pattern.
    The only little squares that British wear are the rip stop garments but these little squares aren't noticeable enough to be the key identifying feature.

Hope it helps
    Yah! That's it that's the key word. Digital ! Its like a digital cammo pattern. Thanks