Cooey 60 / Winchester 600

Huw

Recently bought a .22 lr tube feed repeater cooey 60 rifle for £20 and was wondering if anybody has any info on the model. I know winchester bought cooey and marketed the same rifle as the 600. The rifle is i decent nick but im just wondering how old it is. It is number 601 on the barrel.

hi feller had a cooy 12g when i was a boy lol i found this and may help you out
enjoy
:tiphat:
In this video we have a look at a classic Canadian utility rifle, the Cooey Model 60 / Ranger. Manufactured by the H.W. Cooey Machine & Arms company of Coburg Ontario

Recently bought a .22 lr tube feed repeater cooey 60 rifle for £20 and was wondering if anybody has any info on the model. I know winchester bought cooey and marketed the same rifle as the 600. The rifle is i decent nick but im just wondering how old it is. It is number 601 on the barrel.

I've got one, it was my first rifle. Google cooey 22's, there are a lot of sites dedicated to the history of Cooey firearms. Dating it might be a problem, a large amount of their 22's weren't given serial numbers.
The one in the above video is from the fifties or sixties( plain walnut stock), they switched to birch in the late sixties and seventies and added pressed checkering with an embossed rabbit in the lower pistol grip panel.
They're a good little utility rifle, I could'nt even guess how many thousands of rounds of ammo I've put through mine. My nephew borrowed it..........for a couple of years now, I dont think I'll get it back lol

AB

I had a cooey .22 rifle. If it is the one with the magazine tube that runs the length of the barrel make sure you check it's on tight. I lost mine out lamping rabbits one night after reloading :(

Thanks guys, ive just shot 10 rounds through it when i got it to see how it shot and works well. Im in the middle of tidying it up, bit of rebluing and stock finishing to bring some life back into it. Looked down the barrel and the rifling looks clean and tidy. Cant go wrong for 20 quid.

Thanks guys, ive just shot 10 rounds through it when i got it to see how it shot and works well. Im in the middle of tidying it up, bit of rebluing and stock finishing to bring some life back into it. Looked down the barrel and the rifling looks clean and tidy. Cant go wrong for 20 quid.

20 quid is a good price, a cooey 600 in decent shape will go for at least $150 cdn over here, and they sell fast.
AB

Back