Thread: rough shooting?

rough shooting?

Is there rough shooting in March/April? capt david

Not for any of the game species - pheasant, partridge, grouse(!) etc. However, you can get out after rabbits and pigeons and pest species. It all depends on how 'rough' your rough shooting is.

Yes,
    foxes, rabbits, pigeon, hares, any deer with a suitable shotgun, badgers, ducks & geese, swans and any birds of prey.

You didn't say "legal" rough shooting did you, that could narrow down your options a wee bit

Wingy

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Country View Post
    Not for any of the game species - pheasant, partridge, grouse(!) etc. However, you can get out after rabbits and pigeons and pest species. It all depends on how 'rough' your rough shooting is.
    I'm after some pigeons next month in Dorset. If nothing around, I'm taking the clay trap with me to get some practice in...

Cheers
    i.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

I would realy like to spend some time shooting rabbits wit a .22, but not at night. I sorted out a hunt here with Remington 700, and he told me that he has ferrets and would take me out with them. That sounds like 'whack a mole' to me . capt david

Make sure you bring a spade with you.

Quote Originally Posted by captdavid View Post
    I would realy like to spend some time shooting rabbits wit a .22, but not at night. I sorted out a hunt here with Remington 700, and he told me that he has ferrets and would take me out with them. That sounds like 'whack a mole' to me . capt david
    Dougie will sort you out, a ride around his grounds at night is like Blackpool illuminations with all the eyes gleaming back
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."