Thread: Friendly DIY Shooting Syndicate

Friendly DIY Shooting Syndicate

Alrighht Folk's

I know i'm early and the seaon is just over, but that's plans for next year already underway and birds ordered.

Looking for 3 guns for a small DIY syndicate, 5 mins from Moffat/A74

350 for season which includes your BASC membership, 10+ shoot days, +Work parties (prob only 4/5ish throu year)

350 Pheasant to wood and 50(+) Grey Partridge on the moor

Shoot days are walk1 stand 1 with some walked up 'drives' (for the grey partridge) and finish with a duck flight, also have a couple of snipe bogs

Ideally looking for boys with a sense of humour that are semi local and have a gundog (quite good woods rough cover for working/bringing a dog on) We do walk a bit on a shoot day so some degree of fitness is needed but i'm hardly the fitest person u'll meet and it never bothers me but others do struggle sometimes

Days are more a social thing for folk that enjoy a walk with there dog/gun and a bit of 'craic' not 'big bags' but can be quite varied

If anyone wants nymore info drop me a pm. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by countrryboy View Post
    Alrighht Folk's

I know i'm early and the seaon is just over, but that's plans for next year already underway and birds ordered.

350 for season which includes your BASC membership, 10+ shoot days, +Work parties (prob only 4/5ish throu year)

Shoot days are walk1 stand 1 with some walked up 'drives' (for the grey partridge) and finish with a duck flight, also have a couple of snipe bogs

Ideally looking for boys with a sense of humour that are semi local and have a gundog (quite good woods rough cover for working/bringing a dog on) We do walk a bit on a shoot day so some degree of fitness is needed but i'm hardly the fitest person u'll meet and it never bothers me but others do struggle sometimes

Days are more a social thing for folk that enjoy a walk with there dog/gun and a bit of 'craic' not 'big bags' but can be quite varied

Gutted i dont live in Moffat anymore

Quote Originally Posted by countrryboy View Post
    Alrighht Folk's

Lads Ill vouch for this wee shoot. Dont expect to fill your boots but have a bit banter and a modest bag at the end of the day topped of with a duck flight which can be very good if conditions suit. 1 of the guns available is mine as Ive decided to concentrate on my Stalking and less on the shotty. Theres been a few lads from the site shot here last season and they all seemed to enjoy their day.

ATB
    nutty

Lads Ill vouch for this wee shoot. Dont expect to fill your boots but have a bit banter and a modest bag at the end of the day topped of with a duck flight which can be very good if conditions suit. 1 of the guns available is mine as Ive decided to concentrate on my Stalking and less on the shotty. Theres been a few lads from the site shot here last season and they all seemed to enjoy their day.

.................................................. ..............

I was one of them, and had a cracking day out . . . If I didn't work shifts, do as much stalking, and had a Mrs that didn't spank me everytime I went out the house with a gun on my back, i'd be well up for a space.

Great wee friendly shoot with some top lads !!!
    Last edited by Cadex; 24-02-2013 at 19:54.

Bloody hell boy's they'll be no money left in the kitty for birds by the time i pay u bribe money.

Meant to say shooting sats, pretty much every 2nd sat throughout the season

Same really as above, i dont know the shoot but i have spent time with countryboy and can tell you hes a good lad and you will have a great social side with the guys if hes around. Hope your keeping well Stu.

Alright folks

We actually have another space, someone had to drop out due to unforeseen circmstances, these things happen. So last space available.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by tika.308 View Post
    Same really as above, i dont know the shoot but i have spent time with countryboy and can tell you hes a good lad and you will have a great social side with the guys if hes around. Hope your keeping well Stu.
    I will second that Andy. I wish I lived closer because I would jump at the chance, a real nice bunch of guys especially Stuart.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Alright folk's

Still looking for 1 gun, actually had very little interest in this so far. Which surprised me a bit, thought they would fill no prob's at that money.

Just had our gamefarmer on phone and he's had an excellent rearing season, best ever he said, so has too many birds!! So we have the chance of gettin an extra 50or so, if i could fill this space in near future. (Rest off birds are all paid for but don't want to strech budget too far unless get an extra gun in to cover them)

Cheers for looking folks, hopefully hear from somone soon