Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pointer Pups, how they coming on?

Pointer Pups, how they coming on?

I am glad that I bit the bullet and collected the last bitch pup from Dennis grm's litter last year.

It would be good to hear from others that are bringing up wirehaired pointers, share some stories, see some pics

She has been an easy young sapling so far, and im seeing that her instincts are really firing up now, so needs a bit extra training to keep her tight right now. she never pissed indoors not once, and thats a first for me, but I was vigilant for the first few weeks, basics were instilled very early, and very easily, sit, stay, heel,... a natural retriever too,. she has pointed various game like woodcock, pheasant, and is steady around stock and deer, i often take her out just to sit and watch deer. I took her up on the mountain back in the red deer rut, to watch the stags, and take it all in. Her tracking is going well, Im reverting back to the long cord, after having her free, as she is speeding up somewhat!! But can easily cope with a 50 yard dragged hoof, in fact i wouldnt even need the damn hoof as she can follow my welly tracks! Im over the moon with her. Her temperament is good, she needs lots of opportunity to expell energy which suits me great.

As a pup

Ive got 1 of her brothers. Currently hell walk to heel and coming on with the sit. He has shown hes keen on Deer but Ive not pushed hard with tracking training as I feel he could do with settling down a bit more being pretty damn bouncey!!!! Ill try and get a photo up later. Oh he is 1 very big dog..

Nutty

Lovely looking dog you have there Hill Stalker!

Cracking dog, she sounds like she's going to be a good one....

Bryan

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

Looks a really smart pup
    If its hit its history / If its missed its a mystery

A gun is always loaded .A mule always kicks

I have got one from the same litter "Max". He's been stalking with me and my other experienced dog just about every weekend since he was 6 month old. I had him with me on his own this weekend and he found his first deer without any issues. Credit to Dennis and his breading.

DS

Quote Originally Posted by Hill Stalker View Post
    I am glad that I bit the bullet and collected the last bitch pup from Dennis grm's litter last year.

It would be good to hear from others that are bringing up wirehaired pointers, share some stories, see some pics

She has been an easy young sapling so far, and im seeing that her instincts are really firing up now, so needs a bit extra training to keep her tight right now. she never pissed indoors not once, and thats a first for me, but I was vigilant for the first few weeks, basics were instilled very early, and very easily, sit, stay, heel,... a natural retriever too,. she has pointed various game like woodcock, pheasant, and is steady around stock and deer, i often take her out just to sit and watch deer. I took her up on the mountain back in the red deer rut, to watch the stags, and take it all in. Her tracking is going well, Im reverting back to the long cord, after having her free, as she is speeding up somewhat!! But can easily cope with a 50 yard dragged hoof, in fact i wouldnt even need the damn hoof as she can follow my welly tracks! Im over the moon with her. Her temperament is good, she needs lots of opportunity to expell energy which suits me great.

As a pup

she is a stunning looking dog . what is her colour known as

Nice looking dog Hill stalker.

Not great photos but its a start. And 1 sums him up perfectly!!!!!

Hes about 4 months here

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	011.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	353.2 KB 
ID:	25143

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	016.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	369.6 KB 
ID:	25145

7 months old