Country file

joe.222

Is it just me or can anyone stand the so called farmer of country file don't no what it is but gets on my wick or is it just me:)

Is it just me or can anyone stand the so called farmer of country file don't no what it is but gets on my wick or is it just me:)

I must admit Joe I dislike his constant rants about farmers being skint,.......... I don't know any skint farmers.

and its not just you.

bob.

Mmm new bits of equipment every week, farming a load of bullsh*t hobby breeds and delegating the 'proper' farming to 2 other lads on the farm. Typical t*sser for the townie masses.

Last edited:
call me cynical but i dont trust anyone with a perfect life!!! i'd love to find the time to do stuff but am too busy tying to scratch a living! getting old.

Adam Henson? He walks a fine line; he has to please his BBC bosses on one hand, but also does what he can to diplomatically explain issues such the link between badgers and TB (for which he and his family received threats from the pro-badger lobby). He's a life-long farmer, who only started his TV career fairly recently.

Last edited:
Grinds my gears too. Gets a hell of a lot of funding from doing his rare breed cattle and sheep, as well as from the BBC. If your a keen viewer you'll also notice a new truck from week to week....apparently "given" to him for publicity. Never seen him do much real work!!

If Carlsberg made farms, it would be an Adam Henson Farm!!!! I could be wrong, but I seem to recall he had muddy wellies in one episode a few years back?!?!:rofl: Best fed cattle in the land I would say..

the company i work for had to some work accross his land recently, he dosent look skint lol, lots of farmer workers and the his farm shop was very nice.
But he seems a down to earth guy and if i were in his shoes id do the same.

I am a self employed labourer aged 49 3/4s. I do a couple of days a week stock work for Adam Henson, so I feel qualified to comment on this.
First off he is a tenant farmer, he auditioned for the country file presenters job to diversify and as a means of promoting his rare breeds farm park.
Adam is a very driven sort and is focused on the "Brand" Adam Henson so has his name on all sorts of products, I personally could not face
having my own face on everything from hamster food to slug pellets, but he can.
He is absolutely passionate about British farming and yes he is a REAL farmer and a better stockman than most and yes he does get covered in **** like the rest of us peasants.
I would love to have what he has, but I can honestly say he does work for it.
A good comment earlier about Bovine TB, Adam tries to get the message across to the public but the BBC is terrified of rocking the boat, (remember I am listening to the conversations as they film the livestock shoots).
I have been involved with the training of two White park heifers to pull a cart for a film, sadly I lost one of them to TB, she was one of 7 out of 17 that were condemned that session.
We know the one sett on that part of the farm is infected because it goes through regular cycles of boom and bust, but there is nothing we can do about it.
So I do understand why people get irritated with Adam but what you see is what he is, he is always polite and considerate to me and that is more than I can say for some landowners I have worked for.
Regards Redcoat

Well said Redcoat. I think it is a bit rich for guys on here to have an idle pop at Adam and farmers in general. Adam is a great ambassador for farming and country people. Done a really difficult job on bTB. No farmers = no food and nowhere for any of us to go shooting so why the chippy anti farmer posts?

I stopped watching country file because its not good for the blood pressure, however, the last episode that I did watch had that ginger fella (I'm assuming he's the one we're talking about) talking about bovine TB. All that he said was that the government were planning a cull of badgers and lets go look at some cute badgers. Then they went 'badger watching' with some ex policeman from the north east(?)

I'm sorry but if that is considered worthy, balanced journalism then the world is falling apart. Unless the ginger tw*t has started telling it like it is, then country file isn't worth the air time.

hes only trying to make a living like us all. but more importanly he has helped put public focus onto farming

Having been involved with a tv crew once before it is very difficult to control what ends up on the cutting room floor. He can say as much as he is allowed but then everything goes off to be edited. That is where lawyers and all get involved. Oh we can't saw that cos the little old lady down the road who feeds squirrels will get upset.
He is doing a job and the best he can. And if the fallow shooting is going on his land can I have first dibs. :D

Adam Henson? He walks a fine line; he has to please his BBC bosses on one hand, but also does what he can to diplomatically explain issues such the link between badgers and TB (for which he and his family received threats from the pro-badger lobby). He's a life-long farmer, who only started his TV career fairly recently.
He's a prize twerp , its not Adams farm he's a tenant . A chap called Neave used to rent that farm and went into partnership with Adams farther , another twerp and not a farmer at all . Mr Neave packed up Henson senior took it on and started collecting rare breeds which nearly broke him until he opened it to the public

Back