Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what is the going rate / acre for Roe stalking

what is the going rate / acre for Roe stalking

Looking at a lease on some land in berkshire for stalking, what is the going rate for stalking (mainly roe some munties and the odd fallow/ no real trophy potential from what i have been advised).
    Approx 15% woodland and limitations on when you can stalk during shooting season.
    Cheers
    Nick

FC work on 100 notes a deer so ask what normally is a sustainable cull and go for it.

whatever someone says is a good rate you can bet your life that someone will beat it......supply and demand... espeically in the south where you are it can make stupid money..
    HH

We let 300 acres of our estate in Wiltshire out to a small syndicate of local lads. It is a bit that I find a pain to do because of the horses and houses and is pretty flat so it is high seats mainly.

They shoot a good number of roe (20) and fallow (25) each season and we charge them 1,500 per year. The estate go 50 - 50 on the carcass that must all come to our larder.

Basically if you have been offered it pay what you are happy with and what you can realistically afford. Stalking is worth different amounts to different people. If you way up a cull outing with me at 100 per trip you could easily spend a few hundred pounds over the course of a year on guided stalks.

Quote Originally Posted by Deako View Post
    Good ground, a pound an acre.
    Yes that is what I thought.
    However, they have pulled out a piece of paper from a well known deer consultant saying it is worth 4/ or even ) 6 acre...
    Broken down on the projected cull rate that would equate to 330/ animal. Which this deer consultant says your average stalker would be willing to pay.
    Does anyone know of people paying 4.00/ acre?
    Nick

However, they have pulled out a piece of paper from a well known deer consultant saying it is worth 4/ or even ) 6 acre...
    Broken down on the projected cull rate that would equate to 330/ animal. Which this deer consultant says your average stalker would be willing to pay.
    Nick
    Just about sums things up the way deer stalking is going. Let the greedy barsteward of a consultant pay it .

5 an acre,, holy crap, and they don`t even keep the deer they shoot,

Quote Originally Posted by snowy View Post
    Nick
    Just about sums things up the way deer stalking is going. Let the greedy barsteward of a consultant pay it .

Walk away.. greedy ****s,, remind them it`s just pest control at the end of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Fahey View Post
    Looking at a lease on some land in berkshire for stalking, what is the going rate for stalking (mainly roe some munties and the odd fallow/ no real trophy potential from what i have been advised).
    Approx 15% woodland and limitations on when you can stalk during shooting season.
    Cheers
    Nick
    I know this answer really isnt that helpful mate, but its only worth what your willing to pay for it. . . .and will be worth different amounts to different people.

As 6pointer has already pointed out, its common knowledge that the FC ask for offers over 100 per deer . . ie. cull figure of 10 deer = offers OVER 1000.00 . . .and this figure is far far exceeded sometimes.

Its only worth what its worth to you and your syndicate.
    Last edited by Cadex; 25-02-2013 at 15:38.