Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BMHS Schweisshund Level 1 Test Feb 24th 2013

BMHS Schweisshund Level 1 Test Feb 24th 2013

Just like to says thanks to everyone involved in arranging and judging the BMHS Schweisshund Level 1 Test in the Forest of Dean on Sunday 24th Feb. Had a great time, I know how much work goes into arranging these days and very much appreciate it, learn't lots and met like minded people. Best of all my hound Heidi passed with Diploma II

Other breeds are welcome on training and test days and for anyone that wants to get involved check out the Bavarian Mountain Hound Society of GB: http://www.bmhs.org.uk

Please don't start slagging off breeds. training, tests etc. on this thread. It's just a genuine thank you to those involved and to let other people know what's available out there if you wish to achieve a recognised standard or learn more about tracking.

Tracking and Training
    www.deertrackingservices.co.uk

Hi there
    i am interested in this. Please can you tell me how much the level 1 and the Level 2 courses are.
    Please can you tell me who recognises this standard of testing.
    Thanks.

Hi Grant,

The level 1 costs 30.00 but there may be a slight difference if you are not a member, Level 2 is being finalised. The test is based on a German equivalent and as such at this stage is not recognised by any authority (to my knowledge but I could be wrong - I normally am), but other clubs are recognising it as a good standard and want to participate with it it. After all we have to start somewhere and its a good platform to work from as it covers most work that is needed in basic schweisshund training. Either give them a call or check out their website, its even good to take part in a training day, not sure on the prices but definately not expensive and you will learn something.

ATB

Tracking and Training
    www.deertrackingservices.co.uk

Thanks for your reply.
    I will get more info from them.

ATB

Yabanjin This is a good idea and i am sure if you record the Test with the KC and it is consistent they will give the test and testers credibility. The problem will be it will need to be open to all KC reg dogs. Dogs that are not KC registered would not be aloud to sit the test.

Surely that must be a good thing then Dave
    dogs that are traceable doing a test to prove they are upto what they are bred for
    so future breeding lines are traceable to a proven standard
    i may not like the KC but it is all we really hav at the mo
    well done Yabanjin
    atleast you know your training has been consistent to the direction you wanted to head in
    feels good... Yes

Quote Originally Posted by stone View Post
    Surely that must be a good thing then Dave
    dogs that are traceable doing a test to prove they are upto what they are bred for
    so future breeding lines are traceable to a proven standard
    i may not like the KC but it is all we really hav at the mo
    well done Yabanjin
    atleast you know your training has been consistent to the direction you wanted to head in
    feels good... Yes

Stone, the tide is turning! KGBGS and VH are knocking at our doors! Well done Yabanjin, training has paid off!

Are these tests available to Hanoverian scenthound and open to people outside the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by upscuttled View Post
    Are these tests available to Hanoverian scenthound and open to people outside the UK?
    The tests and training days are available to both KC and FCI registered hounds, so if the Hanoverian is FCI registered (be it VDH, LOSH, LOF, IKC.. etc) then the answer is yes.

Well done Peter and Heidi!