Trail cameras with GSM/MMS facility recommendations

Charlieh

I am after recommendations for a trail camera that can MMS/Email photos as they are taken, I would prefer something that can do higher quality photos really. I have had a search through some older threads on here but none are recent and Im aware a lot of this technology progresses quite quickly so the recommendations in threads from over a year ago may have been superceeded.

I had been looking at the ltl Acorn 6210M as I wondered if the external antenna would get a better signal as it could be located in fairly remote valleys for monitoring deer movements where it would be out for at least one month at a time.

anyway I would welcome any guidance from people who use such trail cams

Cheers

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

I have the 5210Mm Ltl Acorn with an internal antenna and I'm really happy with it, but if there is a weak signal you won't get the MMS pic so I recommend you go for the one with the external antenna. If you look on my blog there are some examples of pics that it has taken.

I have one that's without ariel and its pants. I also have an older one without and that s good. Also the new one is a low glow one and pictures at night are crap compared to the older one with IR flash. So my advice is get the 6210 with red IR and with a external ariel on. That's my next purchase.

Thanks for the comments, looks like the 6210 would be a good investment then. Some fantastic pictures and hunting pictures on your blog Jonathan, very interesting.

Apart from batteries are there any other running costs associated with cameras like the ltl Acorn 6210M? atb Tim

Apart from batteries are there any other running costs associated with cameras like the ltl Acorn 6210M? atb Tim

If you get the game camera which sends MMS pic's then you will have to pay per MMS, you'll also need a simcard for the camera, not sure if your provider will charge you for this. You will also need a memory card for the camera to save the pics to.

Back