Thread: Building our 1st hide with my boys!

Building our 1st hide with my boys!

My boys have been bugging me for a while now to get out shooting with me but alas I think they are still just a bit too young.

So I took them out Saturday to get involved by building our 1st pigeon hide together. Once it's complete I've said they'll be able to set out some decoys with me and sit and watch the pigeons come in and anything else that may stray near, but without the guns for now. I know what will happen the birds will flood in and it'll do my head in but at least it'll give me an idea how long they could sit for!!

We were only out for a couple of hours coz it's still bitterly cold but made a decent start and had a nice time. I'll update the thread as we go along building.

And if anyone has any tips on what to use in the hide please let me know as I've never done one before. I thought about some willow that would take and be pruned and formed in the future??

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Iphone 277.jpg   Iphone 273.jpg   Iphone 274.jpg   Iphone 276.jpg  

A woodburner would be useful in this weather. or am i just being a wimp/
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

SD Regular
    Like the idea of a permanent hide, and the willow idea will work well if it is around you too. Nice to see the boys will still sit in the boot, even after the dent....!! Were the clamps received OK/any good?
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    A woodburner would be useful in this weather. or am i just being a wimp/
    Nope entirely agree. I like to have somewhere to kip as well if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    Like the idea of a permanent hide, and the willow idea will work well if it is around you too. Nice to see the boys will still sit in the boot, even after the dent....!! Were the clamps received OK/any good?
    Yes mate sorry I forgot to PM you back thanks, not had chance to test them yet but they look spot on, cheers.

The cheeky buggers did say watch I don't hit another one though!! 5 and taking the piss already!!! God love em!!