Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One Shot, One Kill, the Stalkinginengland way.

Thumbs up One Shot, One Kill, the Stalkinginengland way.

I managed to find the time and headed out on Saturday 23Feb13 with Robert from StalkinginEngland.
    A 2 o’clock meet for a zero and check fire before heading out on the stalk. There was a crisp winter wind blowing but a nice day with a very light snow on the air. Nothing that was going to put us off. We set out on the stalk, with the expert in the lead, showing me his way of stalking. Turns out Robert and I share an obsessive compulsive thought process about stalking, 10 paces, observe, absorb, 10 paces, observe, absorb... and so it repeats. It definitely pays dividends.
    Within the first 150 yards, on land that Robert knew, we found a Roe doe lying down on a hedgerow, glassed her and waited. The shot wasn’t on, so it was more from an appreciation for the animal that we observed for a while. Moments later a nice looking Roe buck and another doe appeared out of the ditch and took their place on the hedgerow.

Time was getting on and Robert suggested a retreat and move to a seat. Which turns out was a great idea. Its like these guys are professionals

We headed off to a known site, with a great high seat in the middle of a commercial tree plantation. We got comfy for the wait….

Shortly afterwards, the dominant Muntjac for the plantation tips up. He feeds a little, and we wait, and wait, and wait. Cautious little blighter this one… However he managed to see off another Roe doe and one other that we couldn’t see but he could. All in all very interesting to watch, and he remains in the plantation to elude French David and his stalking prowess

Just as darkness was falling, the perfect cull Muntjac wanders out. Through my naff binos, not really purchased for stalking, the light wasn’t quite good enough to observe, but the Zweiss that Robert takes out were great. And the S&B 8x56 has extremely good twilight properties. We ID’d him as right for the cull, lined him up, and I took him. A good thud, but he dashed forward about 20 yds. We listened, and then tracked forward, found him where the engine had cut out. Turns out the round went into the engine room and in the gralloch and inspection we found that I’d actually split the heart in two with the round. More luck than skill, but at least he didn’t suffer.

I was blooded in the traditional stalkinginengland way with my grab and grin photo shown below.

Back to the larder and a lesson in butchery followed.

A great day out. Followed by great company, food and drink. Thanks to all involved at stalkinginengland, heres to the first of many Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5886.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	327.5 KB 
ID:	25187Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0330.png 
Views:	151 
Size:	479.1 KB 
ID:	25188

Sounds like you had a great day. And good shooting well done

Craig
    “Persistence. Perfection. Patience. Power. Prioritize your passion. It keeps you sane.”
    ― Criss Jami

A great write up - sounds like you had a cracking time

We are glad you enjoyed your afternoon and evening with us Joe, only saying today to Rob that you might just be hooked

Well done and thanks for the write up.

Regards

Mark

PS What a great way to use my 1000th post!
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

it was my pleasure Joe,it was a cracking afternoon /evening.Looking forward to the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by rob keeper View Post
    it was my pleasure Joe,it was a cracking afternoon /evening.Looking forward to the next one.
    Hey up mate hope you sat still...............NO SHUFFLING...

nice going ,you wont go wrong with mark and rob ,if you can stand the banter
    sounds like you are well hooked, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

yer i held it together problem is everyones shuffling lol

Quote Originally Posted by www.yorkshireroestalking. View Post
    Hey up mate hope you sat still...............NO SHUFFLING...
    He nearly got a "Good shot, reload" in, but he said you need to be a ninja for that

Quote Originally Posted by rob keeper View Post
    yer i held it together problem is everyones shuffling lol
    We did a little shuffling with all the sound we were making between us!