Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Understand bullet performance better... lets do this

Understand bullet performance better... lets do this

I'm a little worried out the types of bullets stalkers are willing to throw at deer before they understanding how a particular bullet is designed to perform. Match hollow point bullets for example, do they penetrate as Ballistic Tip Hunting bullets or Gamekings? And while the most of us will be sitting there confident in the answer, many will not be. Reloading your own bullets is great but too many reloaders are faced with take it or leave it deals that see them walking out of the shop with bullets that simply will not be suitable for the deer they intend to shoot. Lets try and put together some good information with pics and vids that will help stalkers choose the right bullets for them. Here's a good start.

Great idea. I know nothing about bullets or reloading so any info is good to me.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Barns Bullets are the business,I wonder how an A max would go on (tin hat on)

Great video, saved me putting one up from Barnes!

Quote Originally Posted by see it shoot it View Post
    Barns Bullets are the business,I wonder how an A max would go on (tin hat on)
    Very well but not legal in the Uk other countries use them to great effect on deer size animals, but like any bullet design it has its limits and its only ethical to know what a particular bullet was designed for and its uses and it surely is the responsibility (ethically) of the end user to have some knowledge of what He-She is using on live game.
    Too Old Soon Too Late Smart

No bullet goes like a ballistic tip goes ............
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Research what bullets you're thinking of using, see what they're designed to be used on, ask other people's opinions. But primarily use a bullet for its intended purpose, be it deer, fox or what ever.

A bullet designed to f*ck up foxes isn't (in my opinion) a good recommendation to a beginner for use on deer, irrelevant of some people's beliefs.

Tom
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.

http://www.sako.fi/pdf/datatables/Sa...atable2012.pdf

here is the sako info showing its ok to use 50gn ballistic tips on deer from .22 centrefires.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
    Here you go...

lol, what expansion in the gel?
    Last edited by PointBlank; 25-02-2013 at 21:22.