Thread: DSC2 Training

DSC2 Training

Can anyone recommend where I can go for some practical L2 instruction, preferably in the E.Dorset/Hampshire/W.Sussex areas. atb Tim

Why train just go out with a good guide you will learn all you need to know with out the crap and high costs.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Why train just go out with a good guide you will learn all you need to know with out the crap and high costs.
    I must admit finding a guide for the DSC2 process is something that I had not thought of, but again does anyone have any suggestions of who might be interested in assisting with this? atb Tim

SD Regular
    Tim,

Have you looked at the AW list that comes with your portfolio and rung any of the AW's? I'm sure most would be happy to talk thinkgs over with you. If you want monitored 'practice' get yourself on a park cull or out on some stalks - several people/companies in the area you've called out who do this sort of thing on a regular basis. Places like Sparsholt or Lackham Colleges do gralloching days - not quite sure what the content is, but a;so perhaps worth a look. As 6p says, get out there. Remember there is no right or wrong way - just safe and hygienic ones. Don't get too wrapped in process.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Eric well said!!

I contacted the AW who lives in the same town as me and hes taking me out on his land for simulated (teaching to suck eggs) and paid stalks and if i am up to stratch hes signing me off all at the cost of normall stalking fees. He has been really helpfull!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    Tim,

Have you looked at the AW list that comes with your portfolio and rung any of the AW's? I'm sure most would be happy to talk thinkgs over with you. If you want monitored 'practice' get yourself on a park cull or out on some stalks - several people/companies in the area you've called out who do this sort of thing on a regular basis. Places like Sparsholt or Lackham Colleges do gralloching days - not quite sure what the content is, but a;so perhaps worth a look. As 6p says, get out there. Remember there is no right or wrong way - just safe and hygienic ones. Don't get too wrapped in process.
    Thanks, I didn't know about the gralloching days. Approaching some of the AWs looks to be a good idea. atb Tim