Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: have you ever heard about this method ?

have you ever heard about this method ?

I started ringing round today to find out what gunshops in the northeast stocked in the way of powders and bullets . I started talking to one shop and when I told them I'm new to reloading they began to tell me how they did it .... this guy said he loads .243 100gr at 4 different powder weights. He does this so he doesn't need to alter his scope , one green is for 100m, another blue for 200m, green is 300m and the red (the hot one ) for 400m ! I tried to hold my laugh in as I thought about a fox at sitting at 150m ... "which round ,green or blue!"

Staying clear of that place now.

SD Regular
    Eh? Surely then he'd only need to load the one, red, the 400 yard load?

Thats a new one, just find a good load and zero at 200 yrds, its a lot simpler and doesn't require color coding !!!
    AB

I hope he was trying to take the p!ss out of me for being new to reloading , I'd hate to think he gives out this helpful advice to everyone!

contact reloading solutions in kiddlington

Sounds like a case of testiculating... Waving your arms about whilst talking ********!!

i never realised that we have an automatic censor that prevents naughty words like b0ll0ck5 being used!!

i wonder if it works on the following:
    bum
    todger
    arse

he he it does!!
    Last edited by srvet; 26-02-2013 at 23:54.

But we can masticate furiously and whilst it is not technically rude, it dose sound so.

Micturate from a great hight.

Ballcocks gets through

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie-hunter View Post
    I started ringing round today to find out what gunshops in the northeast stocked in the way of powders and bullets . I started talking to one shop and when I told them I'm new to reloading they began to tell me how they did it .... this guy said he loads .243 100gr at 4 different powder weights. He does this so he doesn't need to alter his scope , one green is for 100m, another blue for 200m, green is 300m and the red (the hot one ) for 400m ! I tried to hold my laugh in as I thought about a fox at sitting at 150m ... "which round ,green or blue!"

Staying clear of that place now.
    When I shot metallic silhouette 500M competition there were people that had different powders and charges for different distances but they never got away from making some scope adjustments... they just made less adjustment between courses of fire. I never took to the practice, myself.~Muir

But surely not 4 in 400 m ? That has to be pretty good reloading to get each colour so accurate at each distance that it would be on the dot.

Is it even possible ?

Quote Originally Posted by charlie-hunter View Post
    But surely not 4 in 400 m ? That has to be pretty good reloading to get each colour so accurate at each distance that it would be on the dot.

Is it even possible ?
    It's hard to say. I can see how it might with a lot of diligent, capable reloading/testing. If it works for the guy he probably put a great deal of thought and trial into it and in that light, the guy's reloading experience shouldn't be dismissed to quickly.~Muir