Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My X Trail is looking a bit better now chaps!!

My X Trail is looking a bit better now chaps!!

Spent last night after work fixing up the XT and it went pretty well.

Whipped the old hatch off and sorted the wiring, after having to dismantle most of the rear trim to get at the connections!

Took off the bumper and used a heat gun at work to soften and re-shape to a half decent standard. It'll need a bit more work but at least it doesn't foul the rear hatch.

Still a bit of work to do coz the hatch is a slightly different colour and needs spraying, the inner bulkhead needs a pull and the bumper needs spraying, but a mate who does body repair (& is very good too!!) will do it all for £140!

So for less than the excess was going to be I've done the lot!!

Happy days!!

Nice job, and £140 for your mate to sort it out is a great mate to have.
    Cheers
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by stratts View Post
    Spent last night after work fixing up the XT and it went pretty well.

Whipped the old hatch off and sorted the wiring, after having to dismantle most of the rear trim to get at the connections!

Took off the bumper and used a heat gun at work to soften and re-shape to a half decent standard. It'll need a bit more work but at least it doesn't foul the rear hatch.

Still a bit of work to do coz the hatch is a slightly different colour and needs spraying, the inner bulkhead needs a pull and the bumper needs spraying, but a mate who does body repair (& is very good too!!) will do it all for £140!

So for less than the excess was going to be I've done the lot!!

Happy days!!

Looks much better buddy and not as much as you thought it may cost either hey, while your mate is working on it get him to drill four holes in it for some parking sensors lol, I've fitted some on mine and they are brilliant got mine off fleabay for about £30 if I remember correctly worth every penny IMO

Cheers fella's I've decided to do what has worked well for 20 odd years and that's to park forwards!! Although for 30 quid I might be tempted once it's sorted and fit them in the front just in case!!!

Get rid of the number plate again.

Looking good and to be honest seeing you X Trail has got me looking for one!
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"

Parking Sensors or Reversing Camera or maybe always have a passenger in the vehicle so while undertaking any Reversing they could guide you safely avoiding TREE's or other obstacles Have you given it any consideration to one of those Reversing Alarms, Is your mate cheap as you give him so much work.
    Last edited by patjack; 27-02-2013 at 14:30.
    Too Old Soon Too Late Smart

Quote Originally Posted by scotch_egg View Post
    Get rid of the number plate again. It's ok mate that's the one from the breakers! Cheers

Looking good and to be honest seeing you X Trail has got me looking for one!
    Quote Originally Posted by patjack View Post
    Parking Sensors or Reversing Camera or maybe always have a passenger in the vehicle so while undertaking any Reversing they could guide you safely avoiding TREE's or other obstacles Have you given it any consideration to one of those Reversing Alarms, Is your mate cheap as you give him so much work.
    I'll have you know that's my 1st ding for about 20 years!!

Looking on fleabay they have got the exact ones I've got for bloody half the price I paid a year ago bloody cheek

Car Wireless Parking Reversing Reverse 4 Sensors Kit LED Displayer Buzzer Alarm | eBay

now stay away from the trees feller lucky to get a used tail gate quick maybe get some after market rev sen's

Looking good, glad you got is sorted so cheaply.

Nearly 4 years ago when I bought my smart car I was offered rear parking sensors, after I had stopped laughing I declined to spend the extra money.
    I should have got them, even now I cannot judge where the rear bumper is, never hit anything, just the opposite, I still cannot believe how short it is.
    I reckon with the tail gate open I can reach back past the bumper

Neil.