Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Badger Cull latest

Badger Cull latest

BBC News - Pilot badger culls in Somerset and Gloucestershire approved

"Targets have now been set - farmers are allowed to shoot up to 5,094 badgers in West Gloucestershire and West Somerset over a six-week period starting as early as the summer."

Looks like you are going to have something to do in the summer after the fallow season has finished!

Crikey that's a lot of badgers!!! 121.3 per day!!

all this cost and bother over an animal thats not endangered any longer,the simple and cost free solution "put a season on them to be shot by the landowner or there servent" they do more damge to the land than any fox which isnt in decline and no one is really jumping up and down about them,as long as your not chasing them on a horse.

i bet they wont hit the quota as there will be more tree huggers spotted in the area than badgers.

Pretty good summary of the situation I would say.

With reference to see it shoot it eat it's post.

They should have put them on general license for the duration of the Badgers non breeding time.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Couldnt agree more oh distinguished one...wouldnt look good for the government though so they are tightly controlling who and where so the anti's are appeased to some extent.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    They should have put them on general license for the duration of the Badgers non breeding time.
    To me this sounds the best and most cost effective way of dealing with them. And you will obviously get land owners who will say when giving out permissions Badgers are on/off the hit list. Charlie is not on the verge of becoming an endangered spicies and they are hit hard all year around. No cost to the tax payer and after the initial flare up by the anti's in sure things will settle down and it will be seen in the same light as foxing, yes there will be the odd die hard anti but im sure most will get board and find a tree to hug.

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    Couldnt agree more oh distinguished one...wouldnt look good for the government though so they are tightly controlling who and where so the anti's are appeased to some extent.
    Tony. I don`t think the antis are about like they were, most are more like armchair warriors now.
    Besides, if Badgers are being shot at night i can`t see too many antis out there stumbling across fields trying to catch someone in the act.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

they already have the farmers names and adresses , they got them under the freedom of information act . The quickest option would be to gass the setts or treat them with fire fighting expanding foam but these arent approved methods , the best option would be a season from june until january for any method to include digging under licence