Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: 6.5 120gr Barnes TTSX and N560

  1. #1

    6.5 120gr Barnes TTSX and N560

    Anyone got any idea where to start with this because I am seeing a lot of conflicting information on here and in the books.

  2. #2
    hi mate what 65 are you usein

  3. #3
    Don't know about 560 but I use 46 grains of N160, not saying its safe in yours though! A lot of the online data conflicts, try comparing with a Nosler manual.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun868s View Post
    hi mate what 65 are you usein
    Sako 85 in 6.5x55

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    Don't know about 560 but I use 46 grains of N160, not saying its safe in yours though! A lot of the online data conflicts, try comparing with a Nosler manual.

    I have been looking at the Lee, Lyman and Vihtavouri data but still scratching my head!

    In comparison with N160 they say you require more powder for most loads but i have read on here some people are using less
    Last edited by PointBlank; 27-02-2013 at 16:46.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by PointBlank View Post
    Anyone got any idea where to start with this because I am seeing a lot of conflicting information on here and in the books.
    a quick play on quickload show starting charge at 49.2 to max charge of 51.6,hope this helps
    Barns do like to be driven hard,thats what i found anyway
    Last edited by see it shoot it; 27-02-2013 at 16:46.

  7. #7
    I push mine at 2900fps but using R22....

  8. #8
    Had a bit of a play today into a heap of topsoil and I am getting 2900fps with 50.2 grains. Not had chance to check grouping yet but I know where I am heading. 50.5 was starting to show a bit a pressure signs.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by PointBlank View Post
    Had a bit of a play today into a heap of topsoil and I am getting 2900fps with 50.2 grains. Not had chance to check grouping yet but I know where I am heading. 50.5 was starting to show a bit a pressure signs.
    Hi Pointblank,
    I too have 6.5x55 and also just started to develope a load, 50.2 of which powder if you don't mind.
    atb blue.

  10. #10
    N560. I think others use 46g of n160 in their rifles

Similar Threads

  1. Barnes TTSX Bullets
    By Redeye in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 30-05-2014, 13:01
  2. 308 130 grain barnes ttsx
    By Blue400 in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 19-02-2013, 05:10
  3. Barnes TTSX 100/120 grain in 6.5mm
    By Highlander in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 31-07-2011, 09:06
  4. 110 grain Barnes TTSX in 308??
    By caorach in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 25-02-2011, 12:53
  5. .243 80g Barnes TTSX
    By N.F.W.M in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24-12-2010, 12:46

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •