Galloway Country Fair

Is it worth going to, I go to Scone every year, would really like to go to Moy but can never manage as I always have stalking clients that weekend,I am more interested in the crack with lads that are at other ends of the country that you don't see so often, than the actual stands.

Is it worth going to

I dunno, It was at Drumlanrig about 10 years ago and it was ok, then it moved to near Moffat, I went about 5 years ago, and that was fine too. I've not been to Scone in ages. Still haven't made up my mind if I want to go to the Galloway Fair this year - last year I just went stalking instead!

Not a very helpful reply from me really! :lol:

Someone told me today that they are apparently trying to make this the biggest one yet held through this way but don't know hoe accurate that is.

A group of us went up to Moy last year and thought it was a great day out. Not big compared to Scone but a really good atmosphere.

I missed lasts years although my mates said it was just as bad as the previous few years (this is it getting compared to Scone etc),but we will travel down this year again just to see if a change of venue improves it any.

It used to be really good when the Irish traders came over but sadly that stopped a few years ago. Hopefully with the new location it'll increase in size and variety again.

I'll be there with the family on Sunday.

My wife used to have a stand in the craft tent at the Galloway show but did not bother last year as the year before was a waste of time. some of the stall holders that i talked to did not even make enough to cover the cost of there pitch for the 2 days!.
The year before that they had to tow cars on to the car park as well as off it with a tractor which put a lot off the show as well .
We thought that we would just go and have a look around well £20 pound lighter for the two of us(It makes the CLA game fair look cheap!!) and about 20 mins later we were heading back to the car and home. only half the stands of the year before and very little in the way of shooting etc.
I hope the show is able to keep going but i for one will not be there this year.

Bob

A couple of freinds have roped me into going on Saturday, Having not been before I don't know what

it'll be like ? But I'll give it a go.

Atb, Buck.

Back