High seat/tower

2130martin

Hi All,

I am looking for advice on builgot ding a permanent high seat/tower.What experiences have you all had?Has anyone some good design plans etc??

Thanks

Martin

I bought a two piece ladder on eBay for £10 and with some coach bolts made the seat. Just need to fit a rifle rest, either wood or metal depending on what I have lying about and then a ratchet strap to secure to the tree.

Got some good plans for a tower in my head! I mean the plans are in my head, not the tower:rofl:. I just can't decide exactly where the best place is to build one, as it would obviously need to be somewhere I am likely to shoot a few deer each year. I usually just use natural vantage points as they are free but it would be great to have a roof overhead when it rains. What sort of size/height were you thinking of?

Hi buckaroo

I am thinking about something covered in with a floor level of circa 2-2.5m above ground level,being able to shoot from three sides backing onto a forrest in front of a 50 acre flat field regularly visited by reds........

Martin

Hi buckaroo

backing onto a forrest in front of a 50 acre flat field regularly visited by reds........

That sounds like a great place to put up a tower! this is a good time of year to put up seats and stuff, I am helping a mate do a bit of maintenance on his ground in a week or two when we get around to it. I'm saving up some materials -timber, fixings etc so if you want a hand one weekend let me know and I'll help you out.

St Austell way mate, I was assuming you're building your tower somewhere in Kernow! the offer's there matey

just about finished my 4.8m high seat just trying to work out the gun rest as i want it 3 sides..... will post pics tomo...

Some pics of my high seat, just using my imagination lol, not sure if im happy with the rest yet it needs wood across to finish obviously , i am going for a table top type rest so i could use the bipod
seat.jpg048.jpg046.jpg

Made this as a lean-to. Basically half the BASC plan for free-standing seat, made a bit narrower. The seat and rest element fold down (nearly) flat. I extended the seat supports to the rear to provide an extra bracing point. Phone pics so not great quality.
Picture 004.jpgPicture 003.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 26
Agree it does look that way, but its actually quite easy (even at my advanced state of decline). Just a hand on the front rest and a bit of a swivel round.

hi mate i have bult a tower out of horse jump poles 3.12 meters hight bilt aflat floor inside the poles at the top 6 inches from top then i have extented upwards by another 1.12 meters conecting the poles together with metal tube then boxed the top part in with boards and put a roof on backed up to the wood and there is a space on three sides with acres of ground in front which you cant see from beening on ground level

hi mate i have bult a tower out of horse jump poles 3.12 meters hight bilt aflat floor inside the poles at the top 6 inches from top then i have extented upwards by another 1.12 meters conecting the poles together with metal tube then boxed the top part in with boards and put a roof on backed up to the wood and there is a space on three sides with acres of ground in front which you cant see from beening on ground level

This is one I made cost me £65 and is hekd mainly with couch bolts so can be taken apart easy. Am just thinking of putting a roof on it and a rifle rest. But going to put the rest on a hinge so easyer to get in and out of seat.Screenshot_2013-04-12-23-03-37-1.png

Martin this is how my tower was put together about three years ago maybe a bit over the top but built to last

Firstly put a floating base in with steel brackets to attach main posts too also driven piles at angles (scaffold tubes)and some reinforcing mesh before pouring 1.5 ton of concrete in like I said a bit over the top but the water level is high so we couldn't sink the posts plus the sub surface is peat and very spongey so a heavy floating base was the only way forward

then put 20ft posts sections up bolted to the steelwork

Put the floor in

Then the sectional top with roof

Then added steel guide ropes a locking ladder and upper door to the structure for security.

Back