Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most underrated riflescope

Most underrated riflescope

Before somebody else starts it!

Old Zeiss diatal 4x32 - the one with the rubber covered objective - wish I had never sold mine

For my money the Weaver Classic series , no they are not as good as the likes of Schmidt / Swaro but you get 98% of the abilty for a small percentage of the cost ,they are as good as leupold / Burris / Meopta and still way cheaper -if you watch some of the American stores you can get them on 'closeout' - bargain basement ,excellent Jap build quality with Jap glass .I have Schmidt and Zeiss scopes and have pretty much owned every other make in the past but i do like / appreciate value for money.

Of course this is only my opinion and i am standing by to be flamed ......

Pecar as clear as any of the big three

Schmidt & Bender 6 x 42 Hungarian. Excellent clarity and much cheaper than the better quality variable scopes

Bushnell Elite series with rain guard - bought as a low/medium cost scope for the rimmy i've been amazed at its low light performance.
    I'd quite happily put one on all my rifles if I didn't already have better glass.

Zeiss Conquest range.
    most overrated by a mile S&B PM2 5-25x56
    edi

Quote Originally Posted by ejg View Post
    most overrated by a mile S&B PM2 5-25x56
    edi
    Certainly the ugliest - when I was last down in London, popped into William Evans. They had in the gun room a beautiful 7x57 built on a classic Mauser action. The classic stalking rifle. In their eyes the client had ruined by insisting on one of the above being mounted.

Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    Certainly the ugliest - when I was last down in London, popped into William Evans. They had in the gun room a beautiful 7x57 built on a classic Mauser action. The classic stalking rifle. In their eyes the client had ruined by insisting on one of the above being mounted.
    Its good to see a comment that acknowledges the aesthetic of a fully equipped classic sporting rifle should entail no less consideration of the tube placed on top. The same should apply to mounts and rings but seldom is. This is a shame when you need look no further than Conetrol.

Cheers

K

Pecar ,I have three ,all good .