Most underrated riflescope

Heym SR20

Before somebody else starts it!

Old Zeiss diatal 4x32 - the one with the rubber covered objective - wish I had never sold mine

For my money the Weaver Classic series , no they are not as good as the likes of Schmidt / Swaro but you get 98% of the abilty for a small percentage of the cost ,they are as good as leupold / Burris / Meopta and still way cheaper -if you watch some of the American stores you can get them on 'closeout' - bargain basement ,excellent Jap build quality with Jap glass .I have Schmidt and Zeiss scopes and have pretty much owned every other make in the past but i do like / appreciate value for money.

Of course this is only my opinion and i am standing by to be flamed ......

Bushnell Elite series with rain guard - bought as a low/medium cost scope for the rimmy i've been amazed at its low light performance.
I'd quite happily put one on all my rifles if I didn't already have better glass.

most overrated by a mile S&B PM2 5-25x56
edi

Certainly the ugliest - when I was last down in London, popped into William Evans. They had in the gun room a beautiful 7x57 built on a classic Mauser action. The classic stalking rifle. In their eyes the client had ruined by insisting on one of the above being mounted.

Certainly the ugliest - when I was last down in London, popped into William Evans. They had in the gun room a beautiful 7x57 built on a classic Mauser action. The classic stalking rifle. In their eyes the client had ruined by insisting on one of the above being mounted.

Its good to see a comment that acknowledges the aesthetic of a fully equipped classic sporting rifle should entail no less consideration of the tube placed on top. The same should apply to mounts and rings but seldom is. This is a shame when you need look no further than Conetrol.

Cheers

K

the older Tasco titans, had a few over the years the 3/12x52 was a cracking scope.

zeiss conquest range of scopes.

i also think for its price the duralyt gets a bit of stick and i think its rather good for the money.

bob.

Lisenfeld

I have a LISENFELD 4-12 x56 SPEZIAL scope that was part of a rifle package I bought and it is great in low light levels but I couldn't get mounts to fit my CZ properly. The tube looks very slightly damaged from having the wrong mounts so I bought a Zeiss Duralyt and sadly I don't use the Lisenfeld.

I have a LISENFELD 4-12 x56 SPEZIAL scope that was part of a rifle package I bought and it is great in low light levels but I couldn't get mounts to fit my CZ properly. The tube looks very slightly damaged from having the wrong mounts so I bought a Zeiss Duralyt and sadly I don't use the Lisenfeld.

If you don't use the lisenfeld you could donate it to me so I can put it to good use instead of taking up space and collecting dust.:D

Back