Thread: Variation Q, do I need further land permission?

Variation Q, do I need further land permission?

Hi All

I do apologise if this has been covered before but I have searched and checked out the BASC site, but found nothing.

I am after a couple of new calibres on my FAC. I have had it for nearly two years and about to have it granted open. I had the initial land clearance when I was based in Scotland and now I am in Norfolk so my question is when I apply for a new calibre do I need new land permissions for the requested calibres? and even though though my certificate is open? Had a chat with the FAO and he said I would need to enclose permission and land for the new calibres, However I can remember reading somewhere by BASC that it was only the initial land clearance that was needed for an FAC, not subsequent calibres. Any help and advice would be greatful.

Many thanks

Dan

Your "good reason" to acquire needs to be demonstrated for every addition or variation of a firearm.
    So, bearing this in mind, you will be required to show that you have land that is suitable for your "new" caliber/s to be used on. It matters not whether or not your certificate is open or closed, on application or renewal you still need to prove you have somewhere to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whatmuff View Post
    Hi All

I do apologise if this has been covered before but I have searched and checked out the BASC site, but found nothing.

I am after a couple of new calibres on my FAC. I have had it for nearly two years and about to have it granted open. I had the initial land clearance when I was based in Scotland and now I am in Norfolk so my question is when I apply for a new calibre do I need new land permissions for the requested calibres? and even though though my certificate is open? Had a chat with the FAO and he said I would need to enclose permission and land for the new calibres, However I can remember reading somewhere by BASC that it was only the initial land clearance that was needed for an FAC, not subsequent calibres. Any help and advice would be greatful.

Many thanks

Dan
    "Good Reason" to possess a rifle is different from the conditions that govern its use, you MUST show good reason and if for land use this mean a "genuine and substantial" permission to get that firearm.

Ok no problems sounds reasonable to me, many thanks for the reply!

You can get new calibre's for stalking/paid stalking, I've just put in a variation for a 30-06 and .308 none of my land is cleared for that calibre and I believe that's good enough reason to own those calibre's well it was for me anyway........