Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pulsar DFA75

Pulsar DFA75

Hi,

Anyone got a Pulsar DFA75 yet?

Does it do what is says on the tin?

What scope are you using it with, calibre and make of rifle etc?

Cheers

I'm also interested, but to me it's unclear "what it says on the tin"... That is, information regarding its performance is very vague (and actually misleading).

Looking forward seeing some pictures through the daytime scope, preferably in comparison with N750.

I received a call from Scot Country to say that my unit is available. I would also like to hear from anyone who has used it......

The trouble with comparison picture are - they will be taken through the front add on unit so you won't be seeing through the scope like you do with the N750 - the image quality will always be better through a dedicated unit.
    There is a good link on here to some info on SC's web site explaining how the DFA75 image/POI works or doesn't depending on what you were expecting. Best to read through it before you order one I think !!

Hard to believe that there are no user reviews on this NV unit yet?

Got one here mounted on a Swaro and first impressions are very good and to my eye a better image quality than the dedicated N550 with doubler that it replaced.On board IR totally hopeless but as with the 550 totally transformed with either a god laser and better still with the Nightmaster IR
    Haven't had any time to try it properly but had a quick look in the fields behind my house last night and picked up a fox at a good 250yds on 10x which was easily identifiable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wsm View Post
    Got one here mounted on a Swaro and first impressions are very good and to my eye a better image quality than the dedicated N550 with doubler that it replaced.On board IR totally hopeless but as with the 550 totally transformed with either a god laser and better still with the Nightmaster IR
    Haven't had any time to try it properly but had a quick look in the fields behind my house last night and picked up a fox at a good 250yds on 10x which was easily identifiable.

Music to my ears!. Waiting for my one to arrive where it will initially be used as a monocular (weapon mountable NV is illegal here) but looking forward to using it in the UK. Many thanks for the encouraging words.

If you mount it on a variable make sure it can go down to a low mag (3 or 4).I first mounted it on a 5-30 but couldn't see any of the readings on the bottom of the screen.Nearly phoned up the importers to tell them it wasn't working

It was a bit of a bugger to get the mounting ring right so the crosshair was central as well but we got there in the end.Got the Swaro Ballistic turrets set up at 100,150 and 200 which should negate the need for this POI compensation as well

Pulsar Forward Forward DFA75 - Got One - Great But Scope Limitations

Hi, Got mine two days ago. VERY good. Only issue is you are limited by the min mag of your scope. Namely cannot see menu with a scope mag of any more than 4/5 times and is not recommended to use with any mag more than 6/7 x. You will also need medium to high scope mounts to clear your barrel for the adapter mount and probably the external rechargeable battery pack is a good idea as the unit is power hungry.

As a consequence of the above findings I am in the market to change my current Docter Sport 8-25 x 50/A,Plex scope for something with a min mag of 3-4 times upwards and 50mm objective. Would be nice if it had an IR too but not critical.

The Pulsar unit works REALLY well too with the Nightmaster 800 IR torch. Very good clarity.

Good universal solution which can be swapped between rifles so long as the scope you use has a min mag power of no more than 3/4. Otherwise you won’t be able to see the set up menu. Otherwise so far so good and very impressed. Hopefully with later versions the unit will get smaller but ok for now and a lot more comfortable to shoot than rear add-on units. (Better rifle balance).

If anyone wants to know anything more just let me know.

Hi All,
    Since posting the above message I tried the same out on the range on two different rifles/scopes and the same still shoots 4" low at 7 o'clock of the aiming point. This in spite of adjusting the aiming point on the unit to match the scope as per manual. Spoken with SC and the distributors Thomas Jacks and suspect a faulty unit? Anyone any ideas/similar experience? Other than the POI not lining up the rest is all good, but currently just a great spotter until I get this sorted.