Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Dr wouldn't cosign my SGC application

My Dr wouldn't cosign my SGC application

Putting in my SGC application at the moment and thought my family Doctor of 20+ years would be the best cosignatory.

Booked an appointment, turned up with my forms and photos and got told "sorry I don't sign those". I bumped into a keeper later that evening, the same Doctor signed his renewal for him last year. What's going on....?

Not knowing any MP's, JP's or Ministers it left me a bit stumped. A local lawyer agreed to sign, but i've only known him 2.5 years - fortunately I met him when he was a gun and I was a beater at a local shoot.

Fingers crossed it comes back OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheesht! View Post
    Putting in my SGC application at the moment and thought my family Doctor of 20+ years would be the best cosignatory.

Booked an appointment, turned up with my forms and photos and got told "sorry I don't sign those". I bumped into a keeper later that evening, the same Doctor signed his renewal for him last year. What's going on....?

Not knowing any MP's, JP's or Ministers it left me a bit stumped. A local lawyer agreed to sign, but i've only known him 2.5 years - fortunately I met him when he was a gun and I was a beater at a local shoot.

Fingers crossed it comes back OK.
    Company Directors can do it in Suffolk, the reason for the "professional" counter signatory was so they could check on the person as they would have their name in the public domain. If you haven't got a criminal record then effectively you are off the radar to the police, only the taxman knows everyone!

Maybe he doesn't feel he knows you well enough?

You don't need your cosignatories to be from that list anymore. Look on the BASC website as its all explained on there.

The person has to be of good character so long as its not the local drug dealer signing your application you should be fine !

Doctors are advised not to sign because of any possible future liability they are after all in business (self employed). Anyone of good standing can be used (certain exceptions e.g. serving police officers) as a referee it's not as restrictive as it once was.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

I think the form mentions a bank officer or official as well. And we all know that bankers are trustworthy....don't we?

fraser

Quote Originally Posted by 375 mag View Post
    The person has to be of good character so long as its not the local drug dealer signing your application you should be fine !
    That's Doctors off the list then, although they don't like being called "drug dealers"...

Cheers
    i.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by iainfarthing View Post
    That's Doctors off the list then, although they don't like being called "drug dealers"...

Cheers
    i.
    Just sprayed tea all over the screen when I read that - ta!

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry270 View Post
    You don't need your cosignatories to be from that list anymore. Look on the BASC website as its all explained on there.

Ah, I didn't realise that. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by iainfarthing View Post

Cheers
    i.
    Yes very apt, I am sure that what takes up much of the time training Drs is learning that lofty, arrogant and condescending attitude towards their patients. atb Tim