Norma ammo?

wildfowler.250

Just wanted the general opinion on this. Got the old man to pick up some bullets for me whilst he was in town. 1 box of Norma .22-250 were £34.50 and 1 box of Norma .270 bullets were £42.99 is this the going rate or is this shop shafting us? I know .270 bullets can be expensive but I was expecting the .250 bullets to be less than that!

thats what ive been paying for the 22.250
and thats why ive started reloading ,best thing ive done in a while

You mean ammunition by any chance rather than bullets? I haven't seen Norma bullets for sale for some years and that would be expensive for either 100 bullets or a box of 20 rounds of ammunition.

Cheers for the replies! I was thinking the .250 bullets were expensive,(was expecting the high £20's). Im talking about a box of 20 and not the bullet heads though. the .270 bullets were the 110 grain vmax ones

I payed £40 for both 6.5 120 gr and 308 150 gr Norma ammo / 20 pack I use Winchester 22/250 ballistic silver tips and payed over £30 / 20 last time I purchased some .
Cheers
norma

Norma 270 ammo is one of if not the best
it is expensive though and the reason I started reloading was when it went over £2 a bang

I payed £29 for Norma 22.250,and £37 for Norma Alaska 156 grain 6.5x55 Normas. Tad expensive compared to other brands but its quality stuff :)

Thanks for the replies. Doesn't sound like the price was that far out then. Just wont be doing much plinking with it :lol:

Save the brass it is good quality for reloading. I have a couple hundred in .243 so when it got over £2 a shot I started reloading. Just perfected my load for my rifle & it's even better than factory Norma, now costing less than 50p a shot

I pay 50 euro a box for Norma 6.5x55mm 120grain. Expensive but good ammo the problem is in Ireland you cannot reload but im saving my brass just incase on day the law changes.

Norma is a great round but expensive i used to shoot it through my .222 at 100 yards and it was like a clover leaf but it cost £27 a box for 20rounds, so i thought to myself i'm going to start reloading but i kept the norma brass.

bought some PPU's in 270 130g sp's a while back, from memory they were £12 a box, they shot 11/4" groups but they did tend not to set up unless you hit a major bone, but at that price they are worth it for the brass as the cases seem to reload ok?

Tikkat3

I pay 50 euro a box for Norma 6.5x55mm 120grain. Expensive but good ammo the problem is in Ireland you cannot reload but im saving my brass just incase on day the law changes.

That's interesting info which I didn't know. You learn something new on here most days.

This seems very restrictive. Can you point us to the relevant statute in Irish law?

what about if you popped over to Dumfries and Galloway, loaded a shed load and mooched on back after some shopping... can that work?

Back