Thread: 9.3x62 open sights

9.3x62 open sights

Hi all, I am slowly building a boar rifle. I want functioning open sights - I would like quite traditional sights -Does any one have a parts bin they have removed foresights before screw cutting etc. Any help would be appreciated. Please PM me.
    Cheers K

Could be worth looking on recknagel product pages, they sell open sight set ups.....depends what rifle they're to go on...but worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by karamoja View Post
    Hi all, I am slowly building a boar rifle. I want functioning open sights - I would like quite traditional sights -Does any one have a parts bin they have removed foresights before screw cutting etc. Any help would be appreciated. Please PM me.
    Cheers K

I have a complete set of Tikka iron sights as new as they were taken off a new rifle I was informed. As I have more than one set I could have my arm twisted to release a set.

They came from a member here who removed them from the new rifle BTW.

Sorry can't help with a spare set but you won't regret building an open sighted 9.3x62. Love mine.

Scrummy

Thanks Brithunter, PM sent

Hi Karamoja, I have few foresights and bits and pieces that may be of use. Do you have any particular pattern in mind?? I also have a rear leaf sights etc. I'm sure that I have a complete ( in the white - never fitted ) Westley Richards foresight, and I also have Jeffery style ramp type foresights. Are you planning on an Island rib or quarter rib for the rearsight?? If you need any help let me know!!!

Regards, Jim.

Wow - that sounds like quite a parts bin!!!! PM inbound
    K

The Tikka sights came off a T3 and 595 if I recall correctly. Will get a photo up later.. Darn wireless web thing has been playing up.

Edit:- Ahh just checked and I already took a couple ................ Doh!

As I said I have a couple of sets of these so can spare one set. Chap on here took them off his new rifles.
    Last edited by Brithunter; 08-03-2013 at 09:36.

Hi Brithunter,
    Thanks for digging those out!!!!! PM inbound.

Actually for modern made sights they are quite fine. They are in a plastic bag now in my desk awaiting your reply.

I am not sure who makes them as they look to be the same as those that were fitted to the Mauser M96 Slide Bolt I had a couple of years back so wonder if one company is making them and supplying the rifle manufacturers?

As you can see they are, or at least look, the same. I always wondered why the factory fitted the rear blade in what seems to me to be a arse-about-face position?